GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

will new SS brake lines alone noticably improve the pedal feel?

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
looking for those that have done this - searched a bit too. The GTI pedal feel is bad and I want to improve it - my stock pads are still good. I am thinking to add SS lines and a fluid flush? opinions from those that did it?

JhnR

Banned
you want softer or harder

Karel S

Ready to race!
I've installed neuspeed ss lines and replaced the brake fluid a day or 10 ago.

Both the clutch and the brake pedal feel firmer, but my guess is that's because before the brake and clutch bleed, there were pockets of air in the brake lines.

I'd say during daily driving you won't feel that much difference. The brake pedal feels slightly stiffer and to me it feels like it's easier to control the brake pressure.
When tracking, you should notice a bigger difference vs stock brake lines.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
yes - stiffer - the stock feel is soft and spongy.

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
I think if I had a brand new M3 I wouldn't be worrying about a wee bit of sponge in my GTI. S'not exactly your race car. Just me though...

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
How do you find the stock brake pads on R32/S3 brakes ?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
I think if I had a brand new M3 I wouldn't be worrying about a wee bit of sponge in my GTI. S'not exactly your race car. Just me though...

you dont have a new M3, he does. so maybe thats why this thread was started by HIM bc he doesnt want a wee bit of sponge in his daily GTI :thumbsup:

OP: If youre going to do lines and fluid, might as well do pads too. The stock pads are poopy. That will change everything all around dramatically.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
thanks all-

for those that have used the caliper bushings are they noisy at all?