GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Drove it up to Portland...
almost five years with my car...still can't stop starring while I'm walking away:wub:

Where did you get the hood protector thingy?

Ignignokt

K04 Bound
Car(s)
'08 Mk5 GTI
Got my Twintercooler mostly installed. Whomever desiged or initially cut the hoses for this can eat a fat bag of putrid dicks, by the way.

My Wavetrac diff, bearings, and Magnaflow cat-back exhaust came in the mail today.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Got my Twintercooler mostly installed. Whomever desiged or initially cut the hoses for this can eat a fat bag of putrid dicks, by the way.

The kit is designed to fit a multitude of 2.0T equipped cars... Not just mkv's. The hoses are that way so they can produce one size and not have to make tons of different sizes. This helps keep costs down for us.

It is a bitch trimming them to fit correctly, but just take your time, and trim small amounts at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignignokt

K04 Bound
Car(s)
'08 Mk5 GTI
The kit is designed to fit a multitude of 2.0T equipped cars... Not just mkv's. The hoses are that way so they can produce one size and not have to make tons of different sizes. This helps keep costs down for us.

It is a bitch trimming them to fit correctly, but just take your time, and trim small amounts at a time.

That's all well and good, but for $800, I stand firmly behind my putrid bag of dicks. Let me sell you a TV for $3k+ and expect you to significantly modify it to get it to work. If you approve of that, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Also, the directions are terribad and full of misspellings. Did a goddamn five year old write this thing? I'm sorry, but for $800+ the least you can provide are professional-level instructions.

Ignignokt

K04 Bound
Car(s)
'08 Mk5 GTI
[...] the install is pretty straight forward and simple.

No. They have you looking for non-existent fasteners, and expect you to re-install the temp sensor in a hole that is not even close to accommodating it. Then, they expect you to tailor their very expensive hoses to your particular mass-produced (MASS-PRODUCED) car. To add, most people don't specialize in cutting hoses. So, if you fuck up, fuck you. "You paid and exorbitant amount for our product? Fuck you! Here are some shitacular instructions and to Hell with you." That is Forge.

I have no problem spending 10+ hours in a non-airconditioned garage in the southern US to screw around with my car, but give me a product I can reasonably work with.

rypars93

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
Wanted to do something different so i made up my German flag side markers with tail light tint. The black isn't as dark as I'd like it to be even with two layers of 20% tint. But they still look awesome in the daylight [emoji2]

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Replaced the stock GTI calipers and rotors with a set from a Golf R

mkvrabb

Passed Driver's Ed
Wanted ti do something different so i made up my German flag side markers with tail light tint. The black isn't as dark as I'd like it to be even with two layers of 20% tint. But they still look awesome in the daylight [emoji2]

Nice work, I like them!

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Lowered it on h&r super sports, did slotted rotors an hawk pads all around an stainless braided lines all around. Installed my new 2014 golf r wheels