GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well that one lastest 250miles...

R32D2

Candy White R32
Car(s)
VW R32
Sorry to hear what happened. I presume no one was hurt.

Do you have any witnesses? How fast were you going? If she was in the intersection before the her light turned red and yours turned green she had the right to complete her left turn. No witnesses and it's your word against hers...

From what you describe you were in the far right lane and could not see what was in the intersection because the cars in the #1 and #2 lanes were blocking your line of sight. Six years ago my daughter was a back seat passenger in a collision just as you have described in a vehicle proceeding along the curb lane while the other two lanes were stopped. Just as they entered the intersection a Volvo turned left in front of them. Both drivers were assessed equal fault in the insurance settlement. If I was her lawyer or insurance company I would argue you were driving too fast for the conditions (35-40 as you say).

Not trying to stir things up just giving you something to think about when you get deposed or interviewed as to the circumstances surrounding the accident.

1. She did not have a Green Arrow, in LA, we need to add more Arrows, she jumped in front of all three lanes on the green and gunned it.

2. Yes I have a witness. I called him after I calmed down and he re-explained what happened, she barely missed lanes #1 and #2.

Eilig

I coulda had a V8
1. She did not have a Green Arrow, in LA, we need to add more Arrows, she jumped in front of all three lanes on the green and gunned it.

2. Yes I have a witness. I called him after I calmed down and he re-explained what happened, she barely missed lanes #1 and #2.

Ah... Now I see. She did one of those left turn maneuvers trying beat approaching traffic as the light goes green. I've lived in LA all but four years of my driving life. Driving here has become like driving in a third world country.

Good that you have witnesses... Good luck.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
At least here in BC, if you're turning left, you are at fault 99% of the time, because you never have the right of way. The only time you wouldn't be was if you had an arrow through an intersection, and someone ran the red to hit... Or something similar to that.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
and another was crashed on a test drive if i remember correctly so another one down..

yeah you are right. I don;t know if they were fixing that one though

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
F**K....I mean darn. That sucks. At least it happened now when you can still get another brand new one. What was she driving? She get hurt-yet?:paddle: :fighting0030: Body structure is perfectly intact...but all that expensive stuff was smashed it looks like. Hope it's a total and a new on is on the way.

Your in a rare catagory now....with the guy from Panama City, Fl who's car burned after he had it like a month. He got a new one but took a month or so for them to figure out what caused the fire. It's a sad club.:mad0259:

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
F**K....I mean darn. That sucks. At least it happened now when you can still get another brand new one. What was she driving? She get hurt-yet?:paddle: :fighting0030: Body structure is perfectly intact...but all that expensive stuff was smashed it looks like. Hope it's a total and a new on is on the way.

Your in a rare catagory now....with the guy from Panama City, Fl who's car burned after he had it like a month. He got a new one but took a month or so for them to figure out what caused the fire. It's a sad club.:mad0259:

What did cause it to catch fire?

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
What did cause it to catch fire?

Not completely sure but something to do with a radar detector plugged in a cig lighter maybe? It just spontaneously combusted in a parking lot. Took a while but he got a new car....and is a happy man again.

redGTI

Axis Motoring
Car(s)
02 & 08 GTI, 08 M3
The more R's that die the better the resale value will be on the survivors...

Oh, and dibs on the drivetrain. Would love to install that on a nice MK3 GTI.

R32D2

Candy White R32
Car(s)
VW R32
The more R's that die the better the resale value will be on the survivors...

Oh, and dibs on the drivetrain. Would love to install that on a nice MK3 GTI.
Well the only way anyone is getting dib's is if the car gets totalled and you track it down somehow from mercury insurance's wrecking yard.. I'm not touching it or buying it back if it is a total.

Besides if you saw the picture, you'd of seen it was towed on a non-flatbed.. I hope the drivetrain is ok...

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
blackmagicfast said:
by the picture it seems you were going really fast you hit the brakes and still all this damage, either way i am sorry for the R
You'd be surprised how much damage a car can sustain at 30mph. If his light was green and he wasn't previously stopped at the red light, its safe to assume that he was going around 40-ish at the intersection. That, and if she was traveling the opposite direction, you've got to factor in her forward speed. If she was going 20mph, its the same as hitting a wall going 60, which would cause a hell of alot more damage than that.

This picture is of an IIHS frontal crash test. Coincidentally, its an Audi. Frontal crash tests are conducted at 40mph.

As you can see, damage sustained is comparable, if not far worse in the test, so I'd say that R32D2 was well within legal speeds.