GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vacuum pressure what is a good range.

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Okay took the car in for a replacement on the water pump, get it back and only pulling 6-8 pounds of boost from 4th to 6th gear. Tightened up some clamps that the techs I guess forgot or didn’t think needed to be tighter then what they were, seemed to correct some of the issue. Now I am getting about 9-10 between 4th and 6th and 5-6 from 1st -3rd gears. So I guess the real question is, does the current boost seem correct and can you tell anything with the current vacuum readings.

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
The only reason is a I noticed my vacuum pressure go from 9HG to 20HG at idle. When moving it rests about 9-12HG and of course gassing it moves to boost, So I guess or is it possible to determine a boost leak with the vacuum pressure.

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
My guage stays on 20hg on idle and only fluctuates to 19hg every so often. You most likely have a leak. Start looking at the boost gauge lines and tap/connectors and go from there.

Last edited:

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I do have a Boost tap and it is very snug in the PVC on the intake side. I have FMIC that works with the stock intercooler. I have a feeling it is that so I might have to modify this to just use the front mount inter cooler then test, then more then likely go back to stock.

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Not really Das, at start it is hitting Idle about 1K, then after a few it drops to about 800. So nothing really concerning their. I did move to just the Front mount intercooler and noticed the Vac get to 21HG but the boost dropped to around 7-8 Max. Have a feeling I just have to drop the FMIC and go back to stock and leave it at that. I still have all the pipes and fittings. I have only been able to get 10PSI steady with the front mount for about a week after the intake was replaced. Since the water pump was replaced it only goes to 8, so I am just ditching the all Idea and going back to stock.