GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

.:Utah VW's | Part 2:.

All my "recalled" replacement parts took a shit on me yesterday , dealership claims they changed the diverted valve, streamline said they didn't ... And my "replaced" coil packs went bad..... I am very upset with strong VW at this point in time . :(

Wow that sucks. If you have a diaphragm rather than piston dv that is pretty clear cut.

Coil packs do die. Mk4 had like 3 separate recalls for coil packs that might not have good enough internal insulation. The replacement packs got recalled and everything.

And other times they just croak. This is why i kept a spare coil pack in the boot of my mk4.

I hear conflicting views on that elf guy. A lot of people don't like strong. All i ever had strong do was coil packs on my mk4 and keys for my mk5, no trouble there.

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes

Cruising up the west side of 215 this morning i noticed the driver side mirror vibrating.

And then noticed it sliding right off.

Looks like the heating element got a hot spot in it and warped the plastic backing.

I'd always kinda wanted aspherical mirror glass, I guess . . . .

visited Integrated today to buy a timing belt kit.

heard about some of the stuff they have in the works -- these local boys are gonna give APR a run for their money in 2014.

OldCookieBeard

1.21 gigawatts
Car(s)
Voldemort
Timp thanks for the steelies, my winter tires are bad ass! On another side note I change my oil with the same oil filter every time, same full synthetic oil , and change my oil every 5,000 miles.... And it looks like my filter imploded!? Should I be worried?

OldCookieBeard

1.21 gigawatts
Car(s)
Voldemort
:/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 234
I don't know what causes it but i've seen it before. The first one i took out of my mk5 was almost that bad.

I can pick up the OEM filter for $12?

I've never tried to find out what the oil filter costs from the dealer. Looking around the websites of major auto parts stores i am seeing fram, purolator, wix, etc, all $12 on up, and none of them carry the Mann filter, which is said to be the OEM part.

*shrug* from amazon prime it just shows up at my house 2 days later (free ship) and i don't have to go talk to the parts guy.

Edit: You're talking about 06D115562? $10ish + ship from 1stvwparts, who says retail is $14.

Fwiw, my FSI is starting right up and running like a champ on even the coldest mornings, no codes, w/ GIAC stage 1 tune.

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes