GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Clutch

audi2ptzero

I've seen cheaper clutchmaster

Ever heard of Minimum Advertising Pricing? Well thats what those are and anyone selling them under that is not an actual CM direct dealer. Which means the person they are buying from can lose their distributor account with CM. I know this because I am actually friends with the guys at CM. lol

BTW there is a coupon to get another 5% off on all CM products. Just have to know what it is.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
Ever heard of Minimum Advertising Pricing? Well thats what those are and anyone selling them under that is not an actual CM direct dealer. Which means the person they are buying from can lose their distributor account with CM. I know this because I am actually friends with the guys at CM. lol

BTW there is a coupon to get another 5% off on all CM products. Just have to know what it is.

no, never. But thanks for the info

audi2ptzero

Can you make a comparison from stock to full face kevlar AUDI2? As far as pedal and mechanical feel...

Engagement will be the same. As for pedal feel, that will really depend on the pressure plate clamping load and how the piviot point is setup.

The CM kits are pretty much setup to have a stock pedal feel and engagement point even though the clamping load is higher then a stock pressure plate. The FX100 and FX200 should be smooth like stock, while the FX300 and FX400 will have a slightly more aggressive engagement.

They design their kits to have a stock pedal feel so there isn't all that much of a change when upgrading from a stock clutch.

As for the the clutch on the link that was just posted by itzjonjon69. It is just a normal Sach Racing clutch with sprung organic disk and a single mass flywheel.

boki

Ready to race!
...As for the the clutch on the link that was just posted by itzjonjon69. It is just a normal Sach Racing clutch with sprung organic disk and a single mass flywheel.

Anybody tested that particular setup? How does it feel compared to stock and would it be suitable for mostly DD? Thanks.

h8tow8

GTIDriver
Car(s)
MKV TSI (CBFA)
Definitely not, run it up to around 5k rpm leave in gear and let off gas. I never heard such racket, it kind of grows on you though. :smile:

I'm considering SBC Stg II Daily as well.. any input on additional pressure that needs to be applied or clutter/noise you mention would be much appreciated before I fork out $1,600 for part in labor

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
Southbend has since revised their TSI kits to be far quieter. Call Southbend directly to discuss/order because many of the suppliers aren't aware or carrying the new versions yet.

Guys,I dont think the problem is the Clutch disk,I think the problem its coming from the DMF. I am FSI, and when I took my trans out, the disk was like new and the DMF had a huge play in it; I am just saying what happened in my case.....but for TSI it may be different. Mine was also slipping occasionally; In the summer almost never,but when it was colder outside, like 50 degrees or lower, it was slipping badly it 3rd-4th-5th-6th,sometimes in second too. My solution was a southbend stage 2 endurance, and its great so far,even tho Its not fully broken in yet. It does make some sounds but I got used to it. If you wanna change your clutch I suggest get the whole kit at once and forget about it. In my case the pedal feel its slightly stiffer but very slight,not bad at all,the engagement its a little tricky because it grabs very fast so you have to let go off the clutch pedal a little faster or else you will feel it slip a little. An important tip: Before you take the transmission out or your shop whatever,it would be a good idea to call the clutch company and make sure its the right clutch for your car and count the teeth on the clutch disk and on the imput shaft to make sure. I got a wrong clutch from BSH, and I had to leave my car at the shop and finish it the week after. It was a saturday and I had to wait until monday,I called Southbend and they sent it the day after but I didnt have time to finish it until the next Saturday. It may be a little too much information but It helps because I was very frustrated.