GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Clutch

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
22,700 miles. Starting to slip....

one thing after another it seems with this car over the past month. looks like my next "mod" is the tsi clutch plate from DBC.

I know im not the only one with this issue, i have seen others with very similiar miles and same mods.

You read my mind OP, I was meaning to make a thread on this.

Anyways yeah I have a Stage 2 TSI and my clutch slips ALL the time. From a low roll if I hit it it won't. But anything in the higher gears (4th, 5th, 6th) slips like clockwork at highway speeds. Its getting to the point where its really becoming an issue.

SlickGTIMKv

United_Euros
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI 6MT

Anyways yeah I have a Stage 2 TSI and my clutch slips ALL the time. From a low roll if I hit it it won't. But anything in the higher gears (4th, 5th, 6th) slips like clockwork at highway speeds. Its getting to the point where its really becoming an issue.

Not happy with the sound of that. No doubt it's definately slipping at highway speeds?

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI

Thats no longer an issue, thats dangerous. I'm still stock, but I'm afraid when this day will come to me, specially since I learned how to drive stick with this car. The amount of labor involved in changing a clutch is just crazy, and so are prices. What are you guys planning to get as a replacement.

Any idea what you'll go with aftermarket? I was just looking to get an idea. I think the Southbend S2 Daily would suffice. 400lb tq. cap. I can't imagine we would need anymore, no?

I haven't really looked into it, but I think that would be fine. For some reason I get a 25-26psi spike at around 3250k in my car. I actually make some crazy torque numbers down there, and it causes my clutch to slip BADLY if I'm at highway speeds. I'll see if I can get a video of it today sometime. It gets much worse in the winter as well.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
I only recognize it highway speeds, accelerating hard mostly. Shits annoying. I do run pretty hard tho. Ima get the sachs/sb clutch plate from dbc, handles up to 400whp. 357 free shippin

SlickGTIMKv

United_Euros
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI 6MT
I haven't really looked into it, but I think that would be fine. For some reason I get a 25-26psi spike at around 3250k in my car. I actually make some crazy torque numbers down there, and it causes my clutch to slip BADLY if I'm at highway speeds. I'll see if I can get a video of it today sometime. It gets much worse in the winter as well.

I'd like to know where I'm at, boost wise. Waiting on the P3 Digi Guage still. Is 25lbs expected at S2? I doubt a video will do justice to a slipping clutch. Interested either way.

SlickGTIMKv

United_Euros
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI 6MT
I only recognize it highway speeds, accelerating hard mostly. Shits annoying. I do run pretty hard tho. Ima get the sachs/sb clutch plate from dbc, handles up to 400whp. 357 free shippin

I'm interested to know what you and UGTI's driving styles are. Can you explain what the clutch feels like? Does the clutch seem to fade into the power? IDK, maybe I'm not at the same wear point you two are.

AnthonyNTC3

Ready to race!

at 357, why not by a new clutch from SBC, and just ask for it unsprung. that way you get a new pressure plate and TOB. i assume you are getting a new DMF too.

i am not surprised that the clutches slip, heck s2 adds over 100lb ft of torque.