GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about getting a cobalt SS?

TerranceH08

I drive a mkv black 4 door GTI dsg w/paddles.
As a college student i want something reliable, and i love my GTI however I want something fun and I want a manual!

I found a 2006 cobalt SS supercharged and he is interested in trading plus he will throw in 2k on his side. I know the Cobalt SS is a fun, neat looking car but I feel as it wont be economical enough for me. Im attending college in the fall in North Dakota and I live in MN so I want something I can drive back and forth a couple times a month and not worry about it breaking down.

You guys think this a good Idea, what have you heard about the 2006 cobalt SS supercharged (not turbo :/ )

PS. both around 80k miles, looks to be in excellent shape. and my GTI is 2008, with the FSI

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
maybe if it was the turbo model but since its not i would keep the GTI

if it was a better car he wouldnt be putting 2k on top

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Keep the GTI.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Keep the GTI or you will regret it.

LiloGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI 4 door
a cobalt???? ugly as hell and crap. But hey if you want to save some money there is nothing wrong with that. You should be looking into a speed3 or speed6(AWD) or WRX(AWD) or Evo(AWD) or an R32 if you are going to trade. JDM parts are cheaper my brother has a speed3 and he loves it. You should just look into trading it for a 6 speed GTI though. If you haven't done any mods. You should look into it. Even the little mods like emblems, the grill, wheels, tinting. if you have enough go big with a K04 and straight pipe. That should make your car way more fun. make your car what you want it to be!

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Keep the GTI. The only worthwhile thing on a Cobalt SS is the engine, the rest is just a tarted up cheap Chevy. You don't appreciate refinement until you lose it.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Being in a similar situation when I was going to grad school and making trips back and forth from PA to GA, I loved my GTI. I think the biggest difference you're going to see between the two cars is the interior quality. If you have long trips that need to be made, the accouterments of the VW may make it less painful.

jettag

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Have you had issues with reliability?

Or do you have funny voices telling you to do strange things?

Please give your fast some good gas and regular maintenance.
You will NOT regret caring for your GTI.
You may regret the switch.
Logic dictates, as most of us agree; Keeper

RedLine GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Crappy plastics and interior if you have sat on he inside. Like everyone says the turbo version maybe a different scenario because of the speed but interior will still suck

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
SC has some "sexyness" on it´s own, but unless it is the Turbo cobalt, keep the GTI,

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
I would not get the SC. But if you had said TC then I would be onboard. You are going to be sacrificing performance, ergonomics and potential with the SC.