GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
We looked forever to find an XC90...drove 1100 miles in 3 days looking at them but every time we called and asked for condition, they would say the car was super clean but when we would get there to look at it they were all beat. The first one we looked at in chicago was supposed to be in great condition. Got there, the drivers door was wrinkled, the pass rear had a big crease in it and it was misfiring on all 8 cylinders

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
We looked forever to find an XC90...drove 1100 miles in 3 days looking at them but every time we called and asked for condition, they would say the car was super clean but when we would get there to look at it they were all beat. The first one we looked at in chicago was supposed to be in great condition. Got there, the drivers door was wrinkled, the pass rear had a big crease in it and it was misfiring on all 8 cylinders
Jesus....it's like you can't trust used car salesmen or something...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

Thats interesting because it sounds like the exact opposite of how I ended up with my volvo. It was on my radar but not where near the front runner. But when I came across mine, the right color the right interior, good condition and that lovely v8 I just had to have it.

I should have bought a truck. I really need a truck. I hate hauling trailers.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Shes not really a looker.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Thats interesting because it sounds like the exact opposite of how I ended up with my volvo. It was on my radar but not where near the front runner. But when I came across mine, the right color the right interior, good condition and that lovely v8 I just had to have it.

I should have bought a truck. I really need a truck. I hate hauling trailers.

I'm in the same boat lol. Twice now when we should have bought a truck we bought cars. Now we're trying to figure out which car to trade in and neither one will have a great turnaround. Since the airbag bullshit my wife's Passat dropped like $5k so now we'd be upside-down on it if we traded it in. My 09 GTI just isn't worth much anymore unless I found an enthusiast willing to pay what it's worth with the mods on it. Doesn't help we are still paying on both of em.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I'm in the same boat lol. Twice now when we should have bought a truck we bought cars. Now we're trying to figure out which car to trade in and neither one will have a great turnaround. Since the airbag bullshit my wife's Passat dropped like $5k so now we'd be upside-down on it if we traded it in. My 09 GTI just isn't worth much anymore unless I found an enthusiast willing to pay what it's worth with the mods on it. Doesn't help we are still paying on both of em.

I'd take a loss to get rid of my passat before I took a loss to get rid of my GTI. Passat is the most souless car I've ever owned or been around.

The volvo hauls 5k lbs decently. Enough we can put all our toys on the car trailer (dual axle steel deck 16' dove tail) and still tow in comfort. Only thing is the 6 speed. So at 70mph any time you touch the throttle it kicks down to 4th. But a truck with an 8' bed to just throw one of the machines in and hit the trails with out the nuisance of the trailer would be awesome.

Im heading to Hatfield McCoy in WV tomorrow night and time is dragging soooo slow. I'm trying to distract myself any way I can.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I love having a truck. It's so nice to just be able to toss anything in the bed and not care.

But can still tow if need be.... Not sure how I manged so long without one.