GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI SE Build Thread – Slow Paced, Pic Heavy

andy661166

Ready to race!
Ok so don't know if anyone is following this or is really that interested but for those few who are I haven't done much recently, word is on getting a new car next year so I'm trying not to spend too much on this one, but it's hard to fight the urge. Anyway most of this update is going to be just random shoots after giving the car a wash!

13 June 2012

18 June 2012
Rainy day so tried to get so rain shots.

20 June 2012
Found my plate holders which I had bought ages ago so decided to get all the adhesive pads off the car and get the plate holder on.

4 August 2012

10 October 2012
One of my LED license plate bulbs had failed so I just spent some extra money and got the full LED housing kit instead of just the LED bulb, they are far brighter in comparison to the bulbs I had before!

Old on the left, new on the right.

Then both installed.

By the way, no rear badge because I am planning on changing the lime green next week hopefully, just grown out of it so I have, so it's going, along with the lime green calipers!

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
headlights and green looks great man. keep it up.

andy661166

Ready to race!
28 September 2012
Still nothing really happening. Was planning on changing my lime green, but bad weather over here hasn't really helped me getting painting the calipers (and the lack of shelter I have). So decided to get the stock wheels on for the winter and get my good ones cleaned up and waxed to seal them. Came up a satin black sort of colour, looks great, but sorry for the crap phone pics :thumbdown:

andy661166

Ready to race!
18 August 2012

So finally got round to painting my badge a while back but hadn't put up any photos. I sanded the green off the rear badge and resprayed it, and took the green and black off the front badge (it still hasn't been resprayed) and the rear badge is still off the car. Still trying to get a day sorted to repaint my calipers, so when they are done I'll get the badges finished up. Anyway here's some pics.

And this is my new air freshener :p

Last edited:

andy661166

Ready to race!
21 April 2013

Ok so got a few things done, sorry for the crap phone pics.

Firstly packed up the car to go and get new tyres.

And got my centrecaps plastidipped.

And finally got some lens film for my front fogs, looks great, but I'll need to redo them at some stage as I they are bubbling a small bit because I done them in a rush.

More to come shortly...

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Very clean! I'm loving it!

I think you just sold me on the LED tail lights!

Keep it up, man!

andy661166

Ready to race!
20 August 2013

Ok so recently my active sub blew up, the amp fried. But pretty sure the sub still works, but will test it with a new amp, but in the meantime I bought new front door speakers. Turns out the stock speakers are riveted in which I didn't know until after ripping the door cards off... so they aren't fitted yet as I didn't have any tools handy to get it all sorted.

New FLGNTLT airfreshener...

And then some photos with the roof rack on...

02 September 2013

Ok so since my active sub decided not to work I decided to start off a boot build... Never done anything of the sort before, but pretty sure I can get it done with some help. Plan is to have 2 12" subs downward facing/inverted in the boot/trunk, and then maybe conceal the amp in the spare wheel well. Although I just got the new amp today, and it looks pretty sweet so I may not hide it away.

However if I did hide it away has anyone ever had any overheating problems?

Anyway here is the amp, it's an Edge ED71200 1200W amp, with a copper finish. The subs should come later this week...