GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI SE Build Thread – Slow Paced, Pic Heavy

andy661166

Ready to race!
28 April 2012
Ok so got a letter in relation to my purchase from parts4euro.com, found out that the customs tax was pretty substantial... :( but I don't care, I will have the package by Tuesday :p

Also took some more interior shots...

And another few exterior shots from this morning. Think the next step is to get the front bumper all sorted out, not 100% sure what to do with it yet, any suggestions are welcome! Also plan to get black wheel bolts, and then plastidip the top of my lock nuts. Just so they look better against the wheels.

Brakes need a good clean too...

Last edited:

andy661166

Ready to race!
2 May 2012
Ok so got a few better shots of the lights. I ordered them a few weeks ago and cost me around £300 all in. Was pretty pleased with the packaging, all nice and tightly packed, with bubble wrap etc. Only bad thing is two of the clips that hold the bulb holder to the unit were broken, the same clip on each side. But the holder still stays on pretty tight so it shouldn't cause any problems. Anyway here's the pics (there's a lot :yikes:)

Also got round to fitting my R32 pedals, the accelerator still needs a good clean with metal polish to get the scratches out but I was just in a mood to get them fitted :thumbsup:

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
very unique. I was scrolling and scrolling and kept thinking how you needed LED tails - great job man. Glad you got rid of the stickers. Loved the R8 replicas

andy661166

Ready to race!
very unique. I was scrolling and scrolling and kept thinking how you needed LED tails - great job man. Glad you got rid of the stickers. Loved the R8 replicas

Thanks, I've always wanted these tails, just never wanted to pay the price. Was very close to getting MK6 R style ones, with the L LEDs. But wanted something more OEM. And I haven't seen these in Northern Ireland yet ;)

As for the R8s... I did love them to bits, when they were clean they looked awesome but then people started putting them on POS cars and I thought it was time for a change!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Clown

Passed Driver's Ed
How easy was the install on the LEDs? Did they need any coding? As I know on the us cars they need coding but do they need to on uk versions?

andy661166

Ready to race!
How easy was the install on the LEDs? Did they need any coding? As I know on the us cars they need coding but do they need to on uk versions?

Easy as anything, no coding needed, just plug and play. Although I did need a red bulb for my foglight and amber lights for my indicators as they aren't LED and the lenses are clear so you need a coloured bulb. However the outside two lights needed a piece of plastic taken off to allow them to fit, but took 5 minutes more.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Really liking the wheels, would kill for a set of those!