GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sydney to blue mountain cruise. Sat. March 14th

OZVWConvert

Ready to race!
I rode my motorbike on some of the roads today (Sunday). I have some cunning suggestions re: route/itinerary for the drive. [& no mistakes like last time on the Blue Mtns GTG:yikes:].

Basic suggestion is Syd - Lithgow - Bathurst (with lunch in Bathurst at a very good bakery/pie/sambo shop on George St - I'll find the name in the next couple of weeks when I go past again).

Lap/photos at Mt Panorama followed by return to Syd via Oberon - Hampton - Lithgow.

Specific road suggestion details to remain secret for now but believe me, they will not disappoint!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Whaddya reckon badboy????

The bakery would be Bernards (Bathurst is my old stomping ground) There was a pie shop in Keppel St that made the most amazing pies and have won many awards. Not sure if they are still there but I can check.

That sounds like a great route as long as we take the Bells line either on the way there or the way back.... Count me in for sure :thumbsup:

Mischa

vw slut
Car(s)
Golf MkV GT Sport
hmmm this is starting to sound good i might have to have someone work for me :)

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
sounds good snooze, pm me unless you want to keep it private but if this can turn into a great drive then we will gte lots of people. Thanks for your input.

lindberger

I'm interested... I'll be looking to put some km's on the car to run it in... may be difficult to contain the fun though.

My delivery date is Tuesday 17th...

without going OT - Do I need to run this engine in before getting into it ?

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
No you'd be fine, i think the drive would be good for itas it won't be too hard. So Lunch at Bathurst sounds good for everyone? Remember i'm flexable on start time so if we need to start a little earlier thats no problem for me. This is a group idea thing so please keep the ideas coming and as we get closer we should have an itinerary ready. SNOOZE....how long would it take to get to bathurst?

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
I'm coming from Springwood in the lower Blue Mountains so an accurate time is a little difficult to suggest. Going through the route that I have planned (from my house) it's around 2 hours. Springwood is 20 minutes from Penrith. I know Stu (OZVWCONVERT) has suggested Bell's line of road to Lithgow - fair call. That would be a much more interesting drive because going via the Great Western Highway (my way) is dead boring until Lithgow. Ask Stu how long he thinks it will take to get to Lithgow from Sydney. Once we're in Lithgow it's about 45 minutes of awesome driving to Bathurst.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Bells line is about an hour from Richmond to Lithgow, sticking within posted limits etc.

This sounds pretty good. Put me down for it. Been a while since i had a good drive with the MkV clan. Dougies road choices should be ace - they were OK last time despite the, ahh, detours.

AGRo

Ready to race!
Bell's Line is great but deadly so care must be taken in places. Looking forward to this. I'm in Penrith so I'll have to work out where to join the convoy :)

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Dougies road choices should be ace - they were OK last time despite the, ahh, detours.

:yikes: Yeah - my bad.

I followed that infamous 'detour' on my motorbike all the way last weekend & it pops out right underneath the wind turbines at Hampton. Bloody awful road though. I now know exactly where to go & I'll do some mileage readouts & photos next weekend if they're not available on Google street view. The bakery I was thinking of in Bathurst has shut down & is being renovated. Stu may have to come up with an alternative for lunch since he knows the place.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Might be up for this if I can get away from the kiddo and wife for the day...
And work...
.....need adrenalin.... must drive!

OZVWConvert

Ready to race!
The bakery I was thinking of in Bathurst has shut down & is being renovated. Stu may have to come up with an alternative for lunch since he knows the place.

The Tourist Information Centre might be a good start. There should be plenty of parking and they have a cafe next door that might be able to accommodate us depending on the numbers. Here are the details http://www.bathurst-nsw.com/AbsolutelyDelicious.html I'll leave the organisation up to you badboy as this is your GTG.

From there it is a straight drive up to the Mount where we can drive around the track and take some snaps. :thumbsup:

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Crap! Just realised I have my sis-in-law's wedding that day and I am the pseudo-photographer.

Someone better post me the route so I can do it another time!