GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sprint Booster Review

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
What up Guys,

I was lucky enough to purchase a sprint booster from another forum member, for those of you who have not heard of one or not sure what the benefit of one is I will share my experience.

Installation:

Overall this was a very simple installation and it was very straight forward. It took about 20 minutes. it involved unscrewing the gas pedal and installing the sprint booster

End Result:

This booster has 2 settings Green and red

Green,
This setting is not an extreme change from standard, but it does make the car fell as though it is coming alive more. the throttle response become quicker. There is less of a lag between depressing the pedal and the engine revving. this make for a much happier driving experience.

Red, (My drug)
now the RED setting is a huge difference from both stock and green settings. It is as though you have released a beast and your car is on an adrenaline rush. This setting I found it added up to 2lbs of boost (18 before 20 psi after in 4th & 5th gear pulls) and really made a difference with acceleration. I found this to be a real change that I tested with my buddy who is REVo 2+ tuned. I have an APR stg 2 tune and love it, but it felt as though there is a slight lag when accelerating.

We did 2 runs: Stock- i found that his car would pull away on mine, no suprize.
green: his car would still pull but not as fast then our first run.
RED: it was an even pull, he was not gaining and i was thoroughly impressed.

He was also DSG I am 6spd Man.

Conclusion:

If you were debating about this being a mod worth buying, I say yes! I have completely seen an improvement on how the car responds to this mod.

Last edited:

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The SprintBooster can't add boost because it merely amplifies the throttle position: if the gas pedal is 25% depressed the SB may send 50% to the ECU. Your power output should remain identical when mapped against engine RPM.

You can achieve the same results using your right foot -- if you want to go WOT, just press the pedal all the way down instead of letting the SB do it for you.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
2 extra psi?? Yeah right.... i dont think that thing can do much but to increase the signal of the throttle like if you were pushing harder.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
The SprintBooster can't add boost because it merely amplifies the throttle position: if the gas pedal is 25% depressed the SB may send 50% to the ECU. Your power output should remain identical when mapped against engine RPM.

You can achieve the same results using your right foot -- if you want to go WOT, just press the pedal all the way down instead of letting the SB do it for you.

This............

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
I am simply providing my review and results. This is what I saw.

SB are not locked to cars you can switch as many times as you want.

Also it is easy to say no, im wrong, but how about buying one and proving me wrong.

Either way it was my review of an item that I dont think many if any others have provided a review.

So take with a grain of salt, and save your csb's. Not needed here.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Prnds id be more then happy to show you what I saw

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Sorry, I'm not going to waste over $300 of my money on a SB to prove you wrong. What you are suggesting the SB does is not possible, it doesn't change boost or fuel maps or anything else like that -- all it does is change the throttle position signal.

I don't doubt that the car feels faster because the SB is giving the car the beans for you, but it actually makes zero difference in performance. Even Sprintbooster makes no claim of improved performance, just improved throttle response. They even mention on their website that the SB doesn't change maps.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Understandable, I picked it up for 100$, so for me it was worth a try, but overall im happy with it.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
$100usd it is still $100 too much, man, the thing does nothing but pressing the pedal for you, get some logs for the throttle position and you will see what im saying, try to replicate the same pedal travel, with SB the % will be higher, no added power, just pushing the pedal for you.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Lol, alright than, consider me lazy. But a faster throttle response is still a faster response. Which makes a difference when people complain about turbo lag... Not that ours is huge, but this does get rid of that feeling of lag, which is worth the 100$ usd. I will admit the full price is a joke. But so is the price we pay for plastic parts for our cars. I was giving a review and my opinion, that is all.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Coming up next...Turbonator review - added 4psi of boost. I swear.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Coming up next...Turbonator review - added 4psi of boost. I swear.

Csb.. Cant wait