GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some idiot in a Lexus IS250 thought he was fast (video)

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
While I agree it's slow as balls, my girlfriend has one, and I love it. It drives nice, it's quiet, it's comfortable, gets 30+mpg, has cooled seats, and it's easy to work on.

As long as you have a 12 second Mustang to fall back on, I could see this as being an attractive option to keep in the fleet. Much like my supremely comfortable daily, my Caddy DeVille, I wouldn't want it as my only car though.

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
I feel sad for the Lexus guy for a couple reasons.

1. He obviously knows nothing about cars. He bought what he thought was a fast car on brand only. When he got beaten, he probably felt like he wasted 35k, which he did if he wanted a fast car.

2. This guy probably got FLAMED on Club Lexus.

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
uhhh wasn't that video a joke?

There's no way it was serious.

I don't think it was a joke. Who spends $35k plus on a car and then make an ass of himself by showing just how much money he wasted getting a slow car?

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
kinda old thread but since it was brought back to life...

why do alot of VW guys like to lie about what they have done to their cars. like this guy said he was stock. ive seen another video of another guy that was stage 3 and said he was stage 2. are you guys scared of getting beat and wanna say "oh but im stock"?

:threadjacked:

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver

why do alot of VW guys like to lie about what they have done to their cars. like this guy said he was stock. ive seen another video of another guy that was stage 3 and said he was stage 2. are you guys scared of getting beat and wanna say "oh but im stock"?

Idk, I've come across this twice since owning my GTI. It's kinda embarrassing.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!

Because when a ricer in a slow car comes up to you screaming "YO 30 ROLL LETS GO I GOT INTAKE WHAT YOU GOT?!?!!??!" while filming....

You tend to make a joke out of the situation... Notice how the Lexus driver claimed he missed 2nd gear in an automatic and never questioned the car being stock. The dude was a ricer. The GTI driver simply was having some fun.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
I don't think it was a joke. Who spends $35k plus on a car and then make an ass of himself by showing just how much money he wasted getting a slow car?

1) He said he "missed second" in an AT car

2) He was acting outrageous (kinda as if this was all set up as a joke for the forums)

3) Most people that are in the Lexus community, part of the forums and all, totally understand that the IS250 slow as shit. I've perused clublexus on a few occasions and found this to be true.

4) Maybe he's not a complete pretentious douchebag that thinks price and status are the most important things about owning a car. He is the one that recorded it and posted it on the internet. If he was worried about keeping up a facade that his expensive car was fast, why would he do that?

I could be just wrongfully giving humanity the benefit of the doubt :iono: