GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Purchases Thread v2.0

I'm afraid to mess around with other stuff because I know what will happen. It's the Head-Fi motto.

Yeah, but i have a lot of patience and self control and frequent uncontrollable pangs of frugality.

I don't do high end. Plus I'm irked that audeze based the lcd-1 on musings that wualta and i had on the o'roundup thread and didn't even say thanks, let alone offer us product at cost.

At this point i could be tempted by a killer deal on a Stax Lambda Nova Signature. That's about it. f2d tells me it's like a lambda with an omega signature. I'm intrigued, but not $450 intrigued. I could go for a Sigma too, but not a Sigma Pro.

I've got my raft of vintage orthos and vintage akg and various 'stats including an ESP950 so I'm pretty well set.

odd to think i started out a beyer guy.

Recently i bought for my mk5:

eibach pro kit springs
TT strut mounts
Jeep Sahara wheels (milled face)
Adaptec bolt circle adapters
and finally a BFI stage 2 torque mount bushing insert.

I hope i get done shoveling money into my mk5 soon.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Yeah, but i have a lot of patience and self control and frequent uncontrollable pangs of frugality.
I envy you, my friend. I'm an idiot so I 'm the exact opposite of you and only now am I starting to learn how to control my impulsive buying.
I don't do high end. Plus I'm irked that audeze based the lcd-1 on musings that wualta and i had on the o'roundup thread and didn't even say thanks, let alone offer us product at cost.

At this point i could be tempted by a killer deal on a Stax Lambda Nova Signature. That's about it. f2d tells me it's like a lambda with an omega signature. I'm intrigued, but not $450 intrigued. I could go for a Sigma too, but not a Sigma Pro.

I've got my raft of vintage orthos and vintage akg and various 'stats including an ESP950 so I'm pretty well set.

odd to think i started out a beyer guy.

Recently i bought for my mk5:

eibach pro kit springs
TT strut mounts
Jeep Sahara wheels (milled face)
Adaptec bolt circle adapters
and finally a BFI stage 2 torque mount bushing insert.

I hope i get done shoveling money into my mk5 soon.

I would love to give Orthodynamic a try but I don't think I'm mentally prepared to slap myself and hold myself back from spending money so for now, ignorance is bliss.

BTW, the car is called a money pit for a reason. :lol:

I would love to give Orthodynamic a try but I don't think I'm mentally prepared to slap myself and hold myself back from spending money so for now, ignorance is bliss.

yeah, about orthos, especially now that the prices on vintage orthos have gone cuckoo bananas. I could sell my collection in a weekend and buy any three high end 'phones i want, but i'd rather have the variety.

At stage 2 i sort of feel like i have enough power.

Oh i forgot to mention i am waiting for USRT to ship me $300 worth of watermeth parts.

So i will have more power than i need.

Oh and some guy's DIY body stiffening brace (ala unibrace ub except steel) will be getting here this week. and i have a unibrace xb to install.

I will be needing new rubber in a couple months, getting close to the wear bars. I might just get hankook v12's when i am ready to mount the jeep wheels.

80k maintenance will be due around the end of the summer.

with most things there comes a point where i stop. I am negotiating for sway bar end links right now. bsh ones for the rsb. running 24mm solid adjustable whitelines front and rear.

I never got this crazy with my mk4 1.8t, but that car was not as powerful and had more hot hatch utility functions.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
I envy you, my friend. I'm an idiot so I 'm the exact opposite of you and only now am I starting to learn how to control my impulsive buying.

The Fostex are a cheap way to get into them. I actually have an extra pair, I used to listen for differences when I modded the other pair.

Anyway, back to topic...

Just bought this, because I've only slept 3 hours in the last 48 due to this damn cough.

Dr. prescribed codeine cough syrup didn't do jack... and never has for me.

Hopefully this works.

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Ordered the OBDLink MX last week, received it today. Some size up pics using the key fob everyone, I hope, has:

And this came with it, their software with license key and a very clear instructions guide:

This thing is mostly plug and play. You insert it into your OBD port and follow the instructions. You have to physically press that small black button in order for it to reveal itself, so that you can connect to it, which is nice and prevents unwanted exposure for other people's devices to be able to connect to it. Once you connect via Bluetooth, you need to go into the supplied program and from there you can finally connect to it and use other third-party apps, such as torque; which I used.

The device itself looks really well built, for the price of 150.00$ it has to be. It has nice robust plastic and above all doesn't look cheap. I compared it to one of the eBay cheap ones one of my friends bought, and it's 50% smaller, which means it doesn't take hold of the space in your legroom and so it never bothered my legs.

All in all it's a great thing to have in your car. You can check for fault codes instantly, log different parameters and above all make 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests. I don't know how accurate those are, but I think they should be fairly so. I'm quite pleased with it and I'll see how long it will serve it's purpose and I recommend it and if you guys have any further questions, feel free to ask. :smile:

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I bought Break Dust Pro. It is very hard to keep white plasti dip clean. This stuff is made for plasti dip :happyanim:

used BSH RSB endlinks.

I have a problem.