GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Behavior On the Forum

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the VS section should just be shutdown, its absolutely stupid and mega troll inducing.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
What really really surprises me is you guys let people with less than 50 posts access the private sale thread. I know other forums won't let people sell anything or buy anything until they hit that mark. Lastly I know they have a little feedback score thingy under where the posts count is on ppl's account.

I think that would help make the Private FS a lot more safe feeling. Maybe its just me tho?

Grownman

Ready to race!
What really really surprises me is you guys let people with less than 50 posts access the private sale thread. I know other forums won't let people sell anything or buy anything until they hit that mark. Lastly I know they have a little feedback score thingy under where the posts count is on ppl's account.

I think that would help make the Private FS a lot more safe feeling. Maybe its just me tho?

Good point!:thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
true, most places need like 50 -100 posts before you can do a FS thread.

P

plac

how about banning anyone from using PM system until they have 50 posts too.. just got another noob PM.. from someone with ZERO posts..

"which downpipe do you suggest to mate up to magnaflow catback"

i get at least one of those a day.. sometimes 3. i think im done responding to what i consider dumb questions on PM. Thats the whole reason we have a forum, and they need to use it.

Last edited:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
how about banning anyone from using PM system until they have 50 posts too.. just got another noob PM.. from someone with ZERO posts..

"which downpipe do you suggest to mate up to magnaflow catback"

You should tell them to mount a 6inch downpipe and straight pipe it, it'll work fine......:laugh:

I usually steer clear of the VS section just because it always leads me hate society more. Definitely agree on the need for minimum posting before you can start a new thread or post within FS thread. I know the search on here isn't the greatest, but is definitely usable. And matted with Google's ability to search inside open forums like this, most people should be able to find stuff without creating 3035243093092430 new threads about the same thing ever 5 seconds. :thumbsup:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I'm not a fan of the VS section either but don't want to censor and those threads are inevitable on car forums. Nice to keep them in 1 section.

There had been discussion on a min post count/time on forum to sell. At the end of the day, doesn't really add any additional protection. Its always buyer beware.

I've asked to install the Google search bar but they didn't bite. I don't think its a huge problem and members don't see a many of the failure to search threads because I usually merge when possible.

SRT2GTI

Banned
The private sale thread is pretty bad. Every car foum I've been on, members have to follow a format and then have their "for sale" threads approved by a mod. Example;

Name: John Doe
Email: blahblah @ yahoo.com
Payment Method: paypal
Best Reached Via: PM and/or email

Selling: used wheels and tires
Asking Price: $1,200.00 or best offer

Then supply pictures of items that are being sold.

The majority of for sale threads are, "I have some rims I'm selling, hit me up if you're interested."

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Really the vs section is supposed to be a fun place. I think to ban it for the people that aren't trolling isn't really fair, but i will admit the trolling is getting out of control. So i guess the only option is to shuy down thatsection or make a post minimum to access that section.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Every other forum I'm on first have or has gotten rid of a vs type forum and has a racing forum for any type of LEGAL racing.