GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattlesnake's Daily

Rattlesnake

Scandinavian Flick Master
Car(s)
MKV GTI
How are you looking the PSS's ride/handling wise thus far?

The handling is great. I don't feel like I'm going to roll or anything when I take a hard turn. But I do feel everything on the road, but it's a racing suspension.

Rattlesnake

Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hey what's up guys,
So following in VW footsteps, I got a check engine light. This was last saturday.
I took to the dealer, completely forgetting I have aftermarket parts, and what do you know... I got the "We can work on your car" speech. They read my cel code and told me it read for hanging idle. I never noticed it before but when I drove home I saw it a little. But I guess is sort of revenge for not being able to take my money, they dealer cleared the cel code.
The only pro i got out of this was they replaced my cigarette lighter for free(stupid pennies)

I called up AUTuning and they didn't have anything available for a week, so I was out of a car. Luckily my bro was out of town so I drove his WRX.

Here's a pic:
IMG_5121.jpg

So a week later I finally make it to AUTuning and what do you know the CEL still isn't there. I told them the code and my problems and luckily a guy a week earlier had the exact problem. They told me that because we had Intakes and no tunes, the car was still taking the stock amount of air in a bigger intake causing the idle to be high or hang. A simple tune fixed it.
IMG_5243.JPG

I now sit with Unitronic Stage 1 and about 250 hp and 280 tq. I can tell theres a difference, but not by much.

While only way out I thought "wow, let me see what this baby can do now" and I did a burn out and took off. The instrument panel went crazy and the CEL came back on.
I took it back and to my luck my car was misfiring and my fuel sensor was out of wack. I got upgraded spark plugs and new coil packs. Apparently at my 40k service, they weren't replaced.
IMG_5245.JPG

So at the end of the week I learned not to trust the dealer, my cars running like a dream and a can faster.

Oh and I also hit 43500 miles
IMG_5242.jpg

My next adventure coming up soon is air. Ive been looking around the interwebs and I might go with the airlift performance series, I just can't decide if I want to go with a single compressor and have the free second one as backup or dual compressor it.

Until then, Ill talk to you guys later,
-Snake

Last edited:

Rattlesnake

Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hey what's up guys,
So like I said, my next venture was air. At first I looked at new, but I'm to broke for that. So I found a partially used Airlift Performance Front and Rears and V2 system, along with some new parts. Shout out to GTIIII, great guy
Getting them so quickly, it was like christmas
IMG_5458.JPG
IMG_5459.JPG
IMG_5460.JPG
IMG_5461.jpg
IMG_5462.jpg

It's not complete yet. I need to buy a power kit, some rods and nuts and of course airline. Any recommendation on how many feet I need and is gauge good? This is my first go on going air, so I'm a noob lol

Until I get those parts, I need to decide on what trunk setup I am going with. Im going to hide it and I want to keep my spare

Until next time,
-Snake

Rattlesnake

Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hey what's up guys,
I went around town getting paint quotes for my bumper, lip and side skirts and its expensive. Im still waiting on one more quote from a body shop because I want to get a custom quad exhaust. So while I waited on that, I came across some jetta grilles on vwvortex so I hopped on that

So this came in the mail yesterday
IMG_6300.jpg
IMG_6301.JPG

The only downside is that I had fogs and these are without, but It was too good of a deal
I decided I wanted to color match the grilles so the chrome pieces had to come off
***If you want to take apart the chrome pieces, you must:
1. Have patience
2. Have magical powers
3. The best luck in the world
4. Pray to the gods and offer sacrifice

Heres the fogs and lower removed
IMG_6302.JPG
IMG_6303.JPG

I am not going to remove the upper grille because I do not have any of the 4 I listed above(and i didn't trust myself cus I broke 2 tabs on the lower while romping it) So ill let the pint shop figure something out

I for some reason I decided to peel the chrome off myself, which I recommend is the most frustrating, time-consuming and borderline idiotic
After about 2 hours I got this far
IMG_6304.jpg
IMG_6306.jpg
IMG_6305.jpg

Since I dug myself a hole and got to frustrated, I looked online to see another way to remove chrome from plastic
I found a trick that says it'll work by soaking the pieces in Super Clean
IMG_6308.JPG

In the videos it took about 2 minutes, but its been soaking for about 3 hours and no difference (although it seems easier peel chrome after i removed the pieces)

Ill soak it over night and check it tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Until then,
-Snake

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Why not just sand the chrome down and paint over it? I don't see why you would have to completely remove it. Just sand it down to the point where paint would adhere properly and you should be fine.

Rattlesnake

Car(s)
MKV GTI
Why not just sand the chrome down and paint over it? I don't see why you would have to completely remove it. Just sand it down to the point where paint would adhere properly and you should be fine.

I could have done that, but at the time I thought it was a good idea(it wasn't) but now I have to finished it because Im already halfway done