GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***OFFICIAL Yellow FTP/High Beam/Headlight/Fogs

Sar08

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI (DSG)
Bah. Do the rest of us a favor and flip them off. Tired of having 9 million candle-power drilled through my rear-view because you think it makes you look 'dope'.

Fog lights aren't even bright and they aim lower you idiot, how could that possibly blind you?

Sar08

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI (DSG)
UPDATE: got my bulbs last week and installed it: and I'm very happy about the new look :biggrin:

Install pretty easy?

Sar08

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI (DSG)
So all I need to buy is the set of bulbs? Nothing else like a wire harness thing cause at checkout it's asking I'm I want this other crap I might need

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M

wolfstrice09

Ready to race!
H7 is for your FTP

9006 is for your fogs.

ZinkehDub

Been doing some research on these lights.

As folks have said,

H7 = FTP
9006 = Fogs.

What you'll notice is that on Amazon you'll have 10 vendors selling the same bulb but changing their description of the product to differentiate their product from another vendor selling the exact same item. Thus you find the regular 9006/Hb4 bulbs at 13.94 and the exact same bulbs but with the "JDM" tag added on along with the higher price of 18.95. Same goes for the "arctic yellow".

Nokya only makes one H7 bulb in Hyper yellow (Nok-7610) and the 9006 bulb (Nok-7616) Nokya does not make Arctic Yellow, or JDM Yellow. Simply Hyper Yellow bulbs.

Oh, one last thing....watch out for shipping. I just went to purchase both sets and the entire purchase was 22.00...and the shipping was 20...for regular old ground shipping for some bulbs that weigh less than a pound and take a small box. Rip. Off.

Keep that in mind when making a purchase =)

Last edited:

omnom

Ready to race!
Does anyone know the difference between these (if any)? The guy I bought them from online is telling me they're all exactly the same.

The reason I ask is because I have the one on the far right (black tips, 55W) and my lights don't reflect yellow while off, and are less bright than the stock bulbs. I don't know where you guys are getting "zomg crazy bright" from.

JerGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
The bulbs on the far right are 55 Watt while the others are 70 Watt. Big difference in light output.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The bulbs on the far right are 55 Watt while the others are 70 Watt. Big difference in light output.

I put the 70w 2500K just as you see there in my FTPs and the 55watt bulbs in my fogs. Have had them in for a year now. I set it up so the regular high beams and the FTP come on when I go to high beam..... Wow are they bright they are great!