GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM pcv delete

phantom1209

well in reality its not a delete completely, but it does delete the hose part. im not too mechanically inclined and i have a question hopefully someone has installed something similar to that

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bsh-speed-shop-parts/bsh-fsi-20t-pcv-revamp-kit/30306001~bsh/

if so i have a couple questions like.. will the check engine light go on.? is there any performance difference? and ..is it worth it to removed something that is prone to fail at some point ? thanks !!

Bluepower

Passed Driver's Ed
Check engine light will not turn on. No performance difference unless the PCV valve on the car now is bad. It is worth it to most people. The plate deletes the valve on the front of the valve cover and re-routes crankcase gasses to the rear PCV port on the turbo inlet.

So it would be better to block the rear port, and reroute all the gasses to the front and into a catch-can?!

larcic

Ready to race!
you can route the rear port to a catch can. I think there are some set-ups like that.

@eurocars When I first got my car I had a valve cover gasket leak towards the back and got it replaced and now 12k miles later I found a leak again at the valve cover gasket but this time at the left middle coil pack. could this be due to failing pcv or poor install? I dont have any idle or boost issues.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
With the car running pull the dipstick. If idle changes you're PCV is fine. If there is no change then your PCV has failed.

This.

Just as an FYI, I know a lot of people delete this because they expect it to fail someday. My car had 145k on it when I traded it in and it was still on the stock (unless there was a recall, but I can't recall <-- pun action) PCV.

larcic

Ready to race!
yea my idle changes when I pull the stick. I do want to delete it someday but my money is focused on other parts of the car rn

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yes...sort of...it is a "PCV valve" delete in that it deletes the PCV valve. Ventilation however, as stated above, is routed continuously rather than just under boost or crankcase pressure. And, as stated, a complete delete of PCV ventilation through the intake requires a front block-off with a VTA at the rear.

No noticeable difference in performance except for when your PCV is shot. The oem is fine unless you find yourself having to replace the PCV often due to failure or you want a catch-can system.