GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New South VS AWE

Brandon@BSH

Car(s)
MKV GLI
Not at all! Just the cold side of your temp gauge, and +7k on the rpm. This is also from a straight on shot, most people sit higher than where this picture was taken from, so looking down you can see much more of the cluster.

Dont mind the gauge, it is crooked in this picture!

TheFactor

Go Kart Champion
Nice pic :thumbsup: I had the cobalt gauges on my cobra with the triple pods on the pillar . I like the column mount to but the pillar mount rocks. If are GTI'S didnt have 50 million air bags they probably would have a pilliar pods for us

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
I have it installed now. The BSH guy ir sight it really doesn't block anything really; but i still don't like it personally. I'll use it till I can either get the AWE or something else that I like. Then someone will pick this up cheap.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Nice pic :thumbsup: I had the cobalt gauges on my cobra with the triple pods on the pillar . I like the column mount to but the pillar mount rocks. If are GTI'S didnt have 50 million air bags they probably would have a pilliar pods for us
details on the cobra! :bow: my friend just got a 98 svt 4 cams, over 300 hp

so one more question, i know this isn't a neuspeed thread, but does the boost gauge come with the mounting kit or do you buy that seperate?

TheFactor

Go Kart Champion
Here ya go .....03 mustang cobra.... dyno #s 502rwh 510rwt....mildly modded:wink:ran on dot dr's 1/4 mile 11.8, trap speed 118mph, 60foot 1.6...car had potential of low 11's speed shifting. heres a vid, not my best run but good smoke show : ) was pushing about 470 rwh on this run.

graves0927

LegendKiller
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV
I've had the AWE vent gauge for a year now and I have had no problems. It looks clean and not as cheap as the NS in my opinion. It's the first thing everyone notices on the interior of my car. For a boost gauge it is a little expensive but I think it's worth it. As far as airflow, you really don't notice much. Pics if needed.

hotrodlincoln

Passed Driver's Ed
someone HAS to come up with another solution for this... The triple dash mount pod is handy but looks stupid imo, the new south looks cheap and gawdy as hell, and the awe just looks out of place. I'd gladly do without the a pillar airbags just to be able to mount a simple 3 gauge pillar pod there.

TheFactor

Go Kart Champion
someone HAS to come up with another solution for this... The triple dash mount pod is handy but looks stupid imo, the new south looks cheap and gawdy as hell, and the awe just looks out of place. I'd gladly do without the a pillar airbags just to be able to mount a simple 3 gauge pillar pod there.

x2 except I dont think the new south looks bad, I kinda like it but I'll know for sure after I install it and I think it looks a hell of a lot better then without one and way more functional then none at all:tongue: , I look at it more as a tool then cosmetic jewelry :wink:

JPGTI

Ready to race!
Newsouth stuff just looks cheap to me. For me, I spent the extra money on package 2 to have a nice interior and I don't want to put low quality aftermarket parts in there.

Christmas request to Phill:
Source a company there in Arizona to make a triple gauge pod for the center that can be used with or without climatronic and matches our interior. For example, those with leather may get a leather cover. At the very least the finish should match that of the center console.

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
I think I'm just going to go with the OSIR O pod vent gauge holder and either a DEFI or Stewart Warner Gauge. The new south gets a -84/10 IMO. Matching colors aren't as important as functionality to me so I'll be okay.

TheFactor

Go Kart Champion
The issue with pillar mounted pods is that there is an airbag there. No company wants to be liable for someone getting whacked in the face with a gauge if that bag goes off.

Especialy after they get nailed and it leaves a imprint of the boost gauge reading 20 pounds of boost on there forehead :eek:

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
Newsouth stuff just looks cheap to me. For me, I spent the extra money on package 2 to have a nice interior and I don't want to put low quality aftermarket parts in there.

Christmas request to Phill:
Source a company there in Arizona to make a triple gauge pod for the center that can be used with or without climatronic and matches our interior. For example, those with leather may get a leather cover. At the very least the finish should match that of the center console.

Take it to a fabric/Upholstery shop? Unique Whips? :iono:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I have the AWE setup and I think the gauge looks cheap. it's difficult to quickly glance at the gauge as well. It's not really in a good location but I don't like the NS gauge since I think that looks cheap in its location. NS is probably better to glance at though. I have to say, I hate everything. I'm just grumpy.

I'd like to keep my AWE gauge location, and replace it with another gauge. I naturally want something that looks oem but everything I find has the companies logo plastered all over the gauge face which is a big turnoff. Anyone find any gauges that look better that could go in the awe slot?

BTW does anyone know if its possible to some how tie into the map sensor and have a completely electronic gauge that would be just as smooth as the stock gauges? The OEM Golf GT gauges has a boost gauge in it so making an electronic gauge cant be impossible.