GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help while changing Cam follower

GTIAPRK04

Cam Follower Replacer
Have you had your intake cam replaced? That wear on the pump is from its wearing all the way through the follower and riding directly on the intake cam lobe. This will have eaten up the pump and fubar'd the intake cam. Perhaps take a picture through the follower hole of the intake cam if you can?

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!
Have you had your intake cam replaced? That wear on the pump is from its wearing all the way through the follower and riding directly on the intake cam lobe. This will have eaten up the pump and fubar'd the intake cam. Perhaps take a picture through the follower hole of the intake cam if you can?

Im not too sure, i bought the car at 170,000KM its now at 230k.

So you'd like me to take a picture where the cam follower sits? but with it removed? Sorry for my lack of knowledge with this stuff.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Take a picture like this through the hole where the HPFP mounts:

Also, if you wouldn't mind, can you change your signature pic to a smaller one? It takes your threads forever to load on mobile and it screws up the formatting.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah, I can almost guarantee you cam lobe is in rough shape. That is definitely from the CF wearing through and the pump riding directly on the cam. That pump definitely needs to be replaced. As stated before, if you're n9t planning on going past stage 1 get an OEM pump, but if you have plans of going stage 2 or higher now is the perfect time to upgrade.

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!
Hope these photos are clear, im assuming this isnt in great shape. Also fingers crossed nothing internal needs to be replaced and its as far as the HPFP :cry:
I could live with changing the HPFP and checking the cam follower more frequently.

Also note (not sure if it matters) but i have no engine lights and its drives like it always does.

Last edited: