ECS bleeder valve
Eurojet OE Fitment Front mount intercooler
Eurojet 3" Turboback
Blackforest Motor and trans mounts
Ecs dogbone insert
Ecs vent boost gauge
R8 coil packs
Eurodyne tuning
17z Brembos up front slotted rears with hawk hps pads and braided lines rear.
Neuspeed Pflo
Forge DV
42Draft stealth catch can setup

A lot of the pics from the original tossing together are on my laptop. Not too much to see..

So I drove the car maybe 20 times and decided I was going to tear it apart again and switch things up.

IE rods
ARP head studs
IE valver cover
Evoms Intake
42draft Ultimare catch can
Fluidampr
Snow performance water meth injection
Spulen throttle pipe
Hpa intake manifold
GFB DV+
Bsh dogbone mount
3 bar map sensor
Golf R Front brakes
Set of raxles
Deustchworks Lpfp
Ecs coolant hose kit
Ecs oil filter housing

And.... some lovely fifteen52 turbomac wheels in 18x9 (still trying to decide on what kind of tires and size to run)

Started off with the brakes because thats easy enough.

So I just tore it all down to nothing and did a little bit of cleaning.

Time to do the rods, easy peasy

I purchased that SET850 piston ring tool from the dealer. Its an exact fit for our pistons. Makes it cake tossing them in.

Btw for anyone who hasnt pulled the oil pump off before, it isnt as much of a hurdle as I figured upon dropping the pan.

Next I did the headstuds

Tossed the head back on and did all the fun torquing. Set the timing and checked it a dozen times while I reinstalled the oil pump and pan. Tossed the turbo back on and filled the motor with oil.

Spent the day today messing with the turbo and putting the bay backtogether. Put the new valve cover on. Started installing the Ecs hose kit... which is a real PITA because you have to cut the hoses shorter like your originals otherwise it pushes things farther than they should and you gotta pull them all off and adjust.

I figured I would mount my meth controller in the battery box so I can easily change the settings and its out of the way.

Before I left for the night I test fit the manifold and intake to make sure everything is going to fit well.

Realized I have to cut and adjust more of the hose kit because it pushes into the cover for the intake.

Thats it for now. Waiting on

Fluidampr
Bsh dogbone
Devilsown 2.5 gallon meth tank
20 feet of 1/4 nylon line for meth
3 bar map sensor
and a few other odds and ends because im a perfectionist sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zach L

VR junkie
Pretty exciting upgrades!

You don't mention any info about how the car was running those first couple months... Did you like the power? What tune were you running? Would you recommend somebody not do the same as you originally did?

Just wondering b/c I probably will go F23T at some point, if not bigger. Thanks!

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I went with eurodyne because they are pretty much the only company worth spending the money on, especially if you plan on upgrading or pushing the turbo. people with stock injectors and intercooler with just the turbo and hpfp are making 368whp. Im going for maxed out setup here.

As far as power goes it was great, but it can always be faster so0o0o this is what brings me to where it is now.

waiting for my meth tank an line to show up, run all that and then start the fucking thing.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking about it, especially when i had the turbo off and laying on the shelf. But I just dropped moolah on the wheels and all the parts for meth and stuff. Id prolly go GT30 otherwise. Not trying to go too crazy with it since I have 22,000 worth of parts into a car that sits in storage from november till may every year and because of my commute I drive it a few times a month.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Got my tank and 3 bar map sensor today. Positioned the tank where I want it. Need my 20 foot roll of line to show up so I can run it.

My BSH mount shouldve showed up yesterday. Checked an somehow it got sent to new york city. Emailed them and they sent another one out asap. Cant get much done until my fluidampr, the mount and the line shows up.

On the plus side I found a dealer for Methanol local. I have to wait till the spring when they do an order otherwise VP charges a $150 freight charge regardless if I order one drum or 30. Pricing is $53 for a 5 gallon and $160 for 15 gallon. I do have 8 gallons of boost juice to hold me over though.

Last edited:

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Just got fluidampr, billit dipstick, and bsh dogbone came in today. I tore apart my whole front end to start installing my passat control arms, new ball joints, tie rods, raxles, sway bar links and coilovers.

Just placed an order last night for Powerflex race control arm mounts

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Today I got a lot done. I put my BSH Pendulum mount in so no when I'm doing work to the motor its not just flopping around l. Hoping its the added stiffness I was looking for to compliment my blackforest mounts.

Then I installed my Fluidampr which wasnt too bad. Drove out to Fastenal to grab some better bolts. Also tossed my gates shorter belt on. My cheaper belt I ordered online before didnt last, after 1000 miles it was cracked all over.

After I dug into the task of installing my HPA manifold which was a pain in the ass to tighten all the bolts up properly but I got it done and extended the wiring harness for the sensor on top. I just have to bolt up my throttle body and new throttle pipe with the bew 3 bar map sensor.

Also got my new dipstick tube and Ecs polished dipstick installed.

Now im just waiting for my powerflex control arm mounts so I can install my passat control arms, my coilovers with heavy duty ecs mounts, ball joints, tie rods, and my raxles. Good thing ecs just emailed me to tell me the mounts wont ship till the 28th.

Looks like ill just be wiring up the water meth setup an running the line tomorrow.

I also ordered an H&R 26mm sway bar so everything up front will be new.