GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Time -- Build up/info thread :D

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Staulkor, is the list on the first page the absolute, complete list of everything you had to order? This is for sure how I'll be getting a K04 and want to start ordering the parts a bit at a time and want to create a definitive list of everything I need. Great thread, by the way.

That is exactly what I bought. I didn't leave anything out. Just remember that your mileage may very a bit. I already have a DV relocation kit so no need for me to order that. My list will get you the turbo, RS4 injectors, and the misc. gaskets and bolts to get it installed and thats it. So you will need to make sure you have all the other supporting modes so you can get the k04 software.

Car is still at the shop. Should be finished tomorrow afternoon :happyanim:

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I called induktion about 45 min ago. The turbo is on and they are working on the injectors. Should be a few more hours.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Yea, im going to go to the same place where I dynoed 252/282. Those numbers were put down when I had the timing pull and high trim issue. I was definitely a bit higher than that when everything was fixed, but never got dynoed again. They have a super flow dyno.

I also realized that I am going to have to put a larger w/m nozzle in. I currently have the 225 in there, but will need to upgrade to the 375. Good thing the 375 came in the kit :D

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Hehe, maybe one day you will on day sooner than later since I have dropped the bar on pricing.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
True. But you also had some stuff that I don't have. I've just got the basic Stg 2, so I'd need all of the parts for the turbo itself, the different DP, an aftermarket I/C (probably go with APR's), HPFP, clutch, and I'd like to do a limited slip diff at the same time too. Water meth would be cool too.

Off topic question, how many MkV's are in the area that are enthusiasts? I know of a few on this board including you.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Well the car is almost finished! Im going to be there at 5 to pick it up.

Apparently I forgot 2 parts >.< The intake manifold gasket and the injector service kit (comes with new retainer clips and o-rings). I will get the part numbers and update the list when I get the info.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Yay! The k04 is installed and running. Now it isnt running so well yet because it took a little longer than expected so I was unfortunately unable to get my new revo file today (tomorrow for sure).

Now for people who have always asked if it is safe to drive a car with k04 and rs4 injectors on stage 2+ software, I have some answers for you...DONT. The car is running meh right now. Struggles a bit to turn on and it's running rich like a mofo. Fuel trims are maxed at -25.0% and the MFD fuel calculator says im getting 38mpg with city driving. This is because it still thinks it has stock injectors and is freaking out since it is seeing way more fuel than it is expecting. Once I get the new software all of this will go away.

I havent gone into boost yet so I am reserving my judgment until I get the software. However, I did get just up to 0 psi so I could hear it spin up and wow. It sounds completely different. Sounds like I got something big :smile:

More to come later.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Oh, and the exhaust is deeper.

Once everything is running right, ill put my friend with his insanely expensive HD camera to stand on the side of the street and record me driving by.