GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
I just picked up a golf R KO4 yesterday! It needs a rebuild but I'm stoked. I'm wishing I hadn't sold my stock noise pipe. Any opinions on which DV relocation setup I should go with? KMD, AWE, CTS?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I just picked up a golf R KO4 yesterday! It needs a rebuild but I'm stoked. I'm wishing I hadn't sold my stock noise pipe. Any opinions on which DV relocation setup I should go with? KMD, AWE, CTS?

I decided on AWE been working just fine for 2 years. Small easy to install.

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI

live4something

Ready to race!
Anyone using the ATP intake/DV setup? Saw it on KMD's site, they say their 3" MAF piece won't cause issues...

http://kmdtuning.com/audi/a3/2-0t-f...-modular-intake-kit/prod_2600.html?catId=2709
I ran the MAF section on a cut filter on a stick intake (can't remember the brand) when I still had the K03, fuel trims were not great. I guess you could say I didn't have issues per say. 10-12 percent ltft is what I was seeing I think. I now have EvoMS with my K04 and ltft sits between 1-2.5 percent. So take it for what it's worth I suppose.

I still have the MAF section sitting in my garage. I will mail it to you for cost of shipping if you want to try something for yourself.

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
I ran the MAF section on a cut filter on a stick intake (can't remember the brand) when I still had the K03, fuel trims were not great. I guess you could say I didn't have issues per say. 10-12 percent ltft is what I was seeing I think. I now have EvoMS with my K04 and ltft sits between 1-2.5 percent. So take it for what it's worth I suppose.

I still have the MAF section sitting in my garage. I will mail it to you for cost of shipping if you want to try something for yourself.

I currently have the Evoms MAF section so if that's working great for you I don't know if I should bother. Just trying to figure out what's going to be the best for me. The stock noise pipe seems to be the most cost effective method for the DV on the KO4 from what I can tell. I'll be slowly assembling the needed parts.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I'm running AWEs DV relocate... EVOMS for intake.. Had issues with apr, and forge intakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Holy crap dude! I hope it was a success and everything is well now! Good to have you back man, definitely a much smaller group on here since you've been gone. But some cool builds going on by those who still remain.

Everything went well, except I couldn't drive for a Year. [emoji17] that's what sucked more than anything else. Well that and physical rehab. I did mod my car a little, just a full decat.. Reworked my meth system... Did some painting for cosmetics. Yeah I've been trying to catch up, seems like everyone's goin BT now! Been talking with Eurocars, I'm going to try the 06A route. First need to register my car outside of CA so I can street it though. [emoji23]

Seriously!
Hopefully you are okay now.

Yup! I'm good now. [emoji106]