GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

just got TWO tickets

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
driving into a shopping center parking lot, the cop makes a u-turn and turns on his lights while I am parking. he ends up giving me two $60 tickets, one for not having my front plate on, the second for "operating vehicle on highway wint unauthorized window tinting material". he could have given me work orders to get it fixed, but no, he has to give me tickets. that pissed me off enough, but then when he is giving me the tickets, he starts complementing me on my car.:mad:

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
thats BS

Anterrabae

Banned
damn that cop for you not installing the state mandated front plate and not following the tinting laws that are in place for your state!!! D A M N T H E M T O H E L L

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Sorry about the tickees, I hate those too. I'd rather have a small fine, than having to take the tint off. I guess that's the only positive thing..

HiveMind

Event Horizon
Car(s)
CW 2006 GTI
That sucks man! Yeah I don't have my license plate in the front either and every time I pull up next to a cop I start to sweat.

It seems that here in MN they won't pull you over for shit like that, but if they catch you speeding or doing something more commonly illegal they love to attach the smaller things like the license plate or illegal tints. :thumbdown:

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
damn that cop for you not installing the state mandated front plate and not following the tinting laws that are in place for your state!!! D A M N T H E M T O H E L L

You're an ASS....
What is the point of a Front plate?? Why can't you tint?? You know as well as I know that neither law makes any sense. It's just another way for the state to make money...
and the cop was just being a prick because for him to make the U-turn and come after him is crazy. If the car wasn't registered under my name I would've told him that it was my friends. He can't issue you the ticket then..

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
You're an ASS....
What is the point of a Front plate?? Why can't you tint?? You know as well as I know that neither law makes any sense. It's just another way for the state to make money...
and the cop was just being a prick because for him to make the U-turn and come after him is crazy. If the car wasn't registered under my name I would've told him that it was my friends. He can't issue you the ticket then..

youre ignorant.

the tint cant be too dark because it impares the vision of the driver from seeing certain objects around him. and is a hazzard to other, thats why theres laws for public safety.

the front plate is to identify your car if you are speeding up to a cop and he is able to track your vehicle if need be, also for tollway speeders.

its the fucking law, you either follow it or not, your choice, but dont bitch and moan when you get caught, because you kind of had it coming.

ive gotten a sitation for both tint sticker and front plate, but hey i knew i had it coming.

alf

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
Tint is also an issue of safety for the public and an officer... do you want to walk up to a vehicle and not be able to see what the driver and passenger are doing? For all you know they have a weapon pointed just waiting for the officer to get close.

Front Plates... another safety issue. What if you see someone get runover by a car??.... they didn't have a front license plate, and you never got a glimpse of the rear of the car... how do you identify the vehicle?? Most people are morons, and couldn't tell a Cadillac from a Ford.

Luckily in Texas... both those tickets are repair tickets and easily dismissed.

vantage

Ready to race!
I think front plates are mostly used for laser speed traps on the highway. Cops aims their laser guns at your front plates because it reflects better than any other part of the car.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
You're an ASS....

I don't have a front plate even though it is state law. If I get pulled over and ticketed, I sure as hell won't be on here whining about it like the cop did something wrong. He was doing his job. If you tint your windows too dark or run without your front plate, you lose all right to bitch about it when you get busted.