GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

just got TWO tickets

Black Magic

'07 2.0T GTI 6MT Package2
Car(s)
'07 GTI
I have learned that there is always a reason for the cop pulling you over, whether it is obvious or not. Sometimes it may be that your car resembles a stolen car or one used in a crime. In my experience (25 years on the road), if you are polite, respect the fact that the officer is only doing his job, and do not give any attitude, you get your license, ins, reg, checked and, you are on your way with a warning. (Unless you are really doing something stupid).

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
I have learned that there is always a reason for the cop pulling you over, whether it is obvious or not.
Sometimes it's just cause your car is white, red, green, black, silver etc ... I'm serious :mad: , a cops job can be so boring sometimes they just pick a colour to target that day/night - I've seen it. Pathetic.

Sometimes they do this cause many police forces' impose quotas on officers, they must make a certain number of public interactions per patrol/shift. Otherwise they would just be sitting at the donut shop scoffing down Krispy Kremes. Quota's are counter productive .. they force cops to pull cars over for no reason or the most minor of infringements - and all you're left with is a pissed off driver and a disgruntled police officer who has to "make-up" citations, just to please his/her managers.

They had a campaign here were they would pull you over for GOOD driving .. WTF !!! :thumbdown: IF I'm a good driver stop wasting my freaking time and go look for some criminal :rolleyes: . Take my license plate down and get some office pencil pusher to send me the thank-you or 2 free movie tickets if you want, but don't waste MY time by stopping me and telling me I did good back there - I may just just done 100kph in a 50 zone that you didn't see. Don't waste your time either, go look for the "real" killers :biggrin: . Morons. :moon:

- M -

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Its just like any other job. You get assholes and you get nice people. It just depends. There are also going to be cops who abuse their power and those that just have a bad day.....you just happened to be how the cop relieves his stress. There are no excuses for bad behavior no matter what your job is. But, when you have power and responsability you must controll it better than a clerk at the local retial shop. The next time you feel a cop is being above the law take a sec and think if you provoked it. If you didn't then ask for him to have his supervisor show up. Be prepared though if you ask for that....

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
i have no licence plates for 3 years driving cars, i told vw u put a plate on my car im not accepting delivery. Our cars look weak with front licence plate.

Mark Fx

***LAW doesn't = right..

True....very true....there are some down-right stupid laws out there. For example, in New York:
  • While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
  • Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 P.M.

...however, I am pretty fond of the law stating that "Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business." :drool:

Hell, in Florida, "Oral sex is illegal.", "Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.", and "It is illegal to skateboard without a license."

Here's just one of many sites showing us stupid state laws: LINK

As far as tinting goes, I've heard that here in Florida (Tampa), tint installers put a sticker on the window stating that the tint is certified to be legal. That way, law enforcement can easily tell when a tint is too dark or not. I can't verify that as I have not tinted the windows on my GTI yet. Some tint places ask for "cash only" when doing illegal tint so that there is no paper-trail back to the work they performed on your car.

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Just because you think that the cop in the OP post was a dick or that some of US are dicks does not mean we all are.

I think several people in this thread are currently being dicks, but I dont think everyone here is a dick.

Everyone needs to remember that being a cop is just a job, and if you dealt with shitty people all day you may not be nice to everyone all of the time, and with the attitude most of you have here I am sure you give the "dick" vibe to the cop which is a good way to get a ticket. I rarely write tickets to fellow dubbers and rarely give a ticket for something I have done to my car unless they earn it.

Wish their were more cops like you...

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
I rarely write tickets to fellow dubbers and rarely give a ticket for something I have done to my car unless they earn it.
All I ask for is consistency !!!

Because an officers job is to uphold the law, if they let one person go, and yet book another (cause they didn't like them, having a bad day etc) - that's just wrong.

Sure I'd personally love to be lucky that an officer was lenient on me cause I drive a VW (like a warning for 10 over instead of a ticket), just doesn't seem right or fair or justice :frown: . Why should I get away with it and someone else doesn't? :iono:

Food for thought.

- M -

PS: perfect world, idealogical approach, real life is NOTHING like this though.