GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Get a hold of VagCom and scan it for codes. That will help you figure out what the problem (very likely problemS) are and start to fix things. If one shop told you they wouldn't work on it cause it's 'too much work' it sounds like they just don't want your money. Find a different mechanic.

JerryLtowIt

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone! :)

I bought my manual/stick shift MK5 couple of months ago, drove it from East to West coast with no problems at all. When I bought it, I knew that it had problems, but wasn't able to fix it then. I got it for extremely cheap price though.

Well, this is the problem. On dashboard those lights are on:
Check Engine, ABS, EPC, Traction Control, Power Stirring is orange and feels like it can work half way, DRL turns off when I turn on the headlights, Breaks and Break Wear are on even though I put the new pads and rotors. Speedometer doesn't work, and the computer wouldn't let me go over 4000 rpm in any gear. Also it feels like turbo is barely working.
Occasionally or very rarely it happens that all lights shut off and the only one left on is Check Engine. That is when everything works perfect, except the fuel level. It would start jumping up and down.

Mechanics don't want to help me, because it's "too much work". But I'm willing to fix it myself. I'm just a regular guy, who loves cars, but doesn't know so much about how to fix them.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX MY MK5 ?????? :)

Best Regards
I agree with lilraver. I'm new here too, and I can tell you that you've come to the right place! Your car is probably in "limp" mode, which would account for the lack of any power. You should start with by getting yourself a scanner that will work on your vehicle. From there you can get a good idea of what's going on with your Christmas tree looking dashboard. Hahaha! Once you have the codes eg. P0299, you can look them up using Google or come here and these nice folks in here will give you top notch advice! Welcome, and good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

Cjohnst

New to VW

Hey gang,

Just bought a four door black 09 GTI. Bone stock. I love it! I had a mini that I did a little auto-x and tuning with. Had a kiddo, and to get something that could house two toddlers. Well, now they are "front facing" (if ya know what I mean) and I get to have something a little more fun again. I'm just a normal dude who likes to tune a bit. These seem like they are easy to tune for a really fair price! The mini... not so much.

Anyway, pumped to hang here. I'll try to do research before I ask stupid questions that Google knows the answers to. If anyone is in the St. Louis area I'd love to get connected if there is any activity around here.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Just bought a 2006 2.5 as my daily driver. Probably won't do TOO many mods to it as I bought it mainly for a daily driver to keep miles off of the Mk7 R.

100K miles. New timing chain and CV joints before I bought it.

Thranx

I love that the first post in the first intro thread is basically just "hi, I like golfs and am going to buy me one, so... forum time!" :)

Greetings... long time lurker, but have an issue with a brake job I had done so signed up to make a post and leech some of the wisdom of others :)

*waves*

Sinnapels

Hi, 30 years old from Norway. Drive a Mk5 GTI Ed 30 Stage 3. Been lurking here for some time, and now my clutch have broken, so im here for good tips for starters :)

cynthia2011gti

Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
newbie :)

Hello! im Magarita! I recently purchased a 11 GTI (Cynthia):wub: for my birthday a few months ago, I don't know much about cars but i'm slowly learning.
I just figured out that I have a APR Stage 2 tune with a turbo charged engine, a new air in take, and an exhaust. haha in the process of learning how to do some work myself on my car:smile:

I'm excited to learn a lot more about VW in general

doc280

Ready to race!
First VW since my 73 Super Beetle.

IMG_7756_zpspdhjnmfr.jpg

I have put a down payment on a 07 GTI, black, with DSG. I have been saving all the diy's and will be starting with the timing belt and dsg service.
I will be picking it up on the 14th and will be using it as our European pick-up truck.

KevBounce

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just signed up for a new account because I'm now the proud owner of a candy white GTI!
(Next step is to find some decent wheels with tires because there are chunks of tire missing and insane curb rash from previous owner)

Last edited:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
^Best color^ Boy, previous owner must not have been a very good parallel parker. Hope you enjoy the new ride! Is your engine a FSI or TSI? Definitely look into checking your cam follower if it is FSI.

Kanye

My name is Kanye (not actually), from Northern VA.

I'll have pics up tomorrow, figure i'd register today. I'm purchasing a Black 2008 Rabbit. Beyond ecstatic about the purchase. Little bit of rust on the back bumper and the paint looks like shit on the doors, but mechanically it's great. I want to put some nicer wheels on it and put stiffer suspension it it, not gonna do too much as it is my daily. Love the low end torque from the 2.5.