GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'M BACK BABY!

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Dude come on seriously. And I didn't realise, I was actually quite oblivious until fairly late - had I known I would have stopped. I have said time and time again I wasn't tying to cause trouble, I was just over enthusiastic an some ppl got annoyed as a result. Over enthusiasm meant creating new threads all the time, but I must say this was the first forum I was a member of where creating excess threads ctually caused ppl to get angry. It's the internet. Get over it.

I'm a member here, and there - I come in here to see whats going on, and to contribute when I can - dont see the harm there.

And I said it was inevitable because you called me the catalyst:

"A substance, usually used in small amounts relative to the reactants, that modifies and increases the rate of a reaction."

Without a catalyst, the reaction still occurs, just more slowly.

Yes I am selling it, but I intend to buy another one eventually. And I'm not selling it because I'm bored with it, or want another car, in which case your point would hold merit, but am making a sacrifice to take a risk that will hopefully pay off in the long run.

I am going to do what some of the people here should have done with you and what I am doing to certain members on the forums - I am going to ignore you - because there is no point reasoning with you. You are so self-absorbed that you fail to see the things you have done and continue to do.

Continuing a conversation to you is a self defeating exercise.

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
I may be the first but surely not the only one to admit taking a hiatus after the meltdown caused not by Saad’s threads but by the days of constant bumping of his threads and the absolute SHIT talk that followed. I know other WA members that I’ve spoken to couldn’t even be bothered opening MkV anymore due to knowing the fact that they would have to trawl through pages of bumped threads talking nothing but crap.
To say that Saad was the sole cause is either very naïve or self denial – you take your pick.

Did Saad’s constant threads annoy me? Sure, that’s what the ignore button is for (sorry Saad) but that is not the reason for the exodus and to try and pin the blame on someone else is absolutely ridiculous, surely you must be mature enough to realise that?!

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
triode this is not an attack on you and nor am i defending saad.

I agree with some of the things you say. I really do miss this forum in the good ole days.. when everyone had a laugh.. there were GTG on a regular basis and it was light hearted and jovial and i do hope this gets resurrected but i doubt it with owners migrating over to MK6 platforms and a whole new legion of MK6 fans joining the relevant forums.

unfortunately this forum had deteriorated to a stage where people were constantly attacking each other and the online stupidity was getting worse.

i will even admit i was at times party to the stupidity.

and yes vwgolf net can seem a little more uptight in comparison to the free reign that was given here.. but i think possibly that tighter control is to try and manage some of the constant bickering and personal attacks that members were engaging in when they were here.

and to that extent it has worked in vwgolfnet. as another forum member here as noted you do get different personalities and not every personality will get along and they will clash... thats human nature.

some of the key members who run vwgolf net run jdmstyletuning forum as noted by some one earlier. the membership to that forum is massive and much much bigger than vwwatercooled, mkv and golfnet combined i suspect so they are familiar with running a forum.

whether the other forum was set up as a business venture or as an alternative option to people sick of the bickering on here.. that is the owner's perogative.

we have a choice to go or stay or in most cases join both and float around all of them and contribute as we see fit.

as for the friendliness of members at gtg... i must admit i havent had issues with meeting people and having people introduce themselves to me.

i was at that recent warehouse meet and heaps of people walked up to me and started chatting and i didnt have any identification identifying who i was as other members did... :)

while i agree that saad's earlier behaviour probably annoyed a lot of people i hardly think he was the catalyst for what happened.

thats my two cents worth :)

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I may be the first but surely not the only one to admit taking a hiatus after the meltdown caused not by Saad’s threads but by the days of constant bumping of his threads and the absolute SHIT talk that followed. I know other WA members that I’ve spoken to couldn’t even be bothered opening MkV anymore due to knowing the fact that they would have to trawl through pages of bumped threads talking nothing but crap.
To say that Saad was the sole cause is either very naïve or self denial – you take your pick.

Did Saad’s constant threads annoy me? Sure, that’s what the ignore button is for (sorry Saad) but that is not the reason for the exodus and to try and pin the blame on someone else is absolutely ridiculous, surely you must be mature enough to realise that?!

I wasn't saying that Saad was the sole reason for the implosion, others did have a part to play - i.e. those that heaped abuse on him. But he makes it out as though he was free of any blame.

I didn't participate in the witch hunt against him and was truly disgusted at how he was treated but I can't fail to see that if he had tempered his actions a bit especially after it was made clear to him, all this could have been avoided.

TimT

Go Kart Champion

some of the key members who run vwgolf net run jdmstyletuning forum as noted by some one earlier. the membership to that forum is massive and much much bigger than vwwatercooled, mkv and golfnet combined i suspect so they are familiar with running a forum.

Thats not even close to correct.
JDMstyle tuning has 3000 active members whereas vwwatercooled has almost 5500 active members.

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
So I think we are a bit sidetracked here......

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!
Saad lol
.....back on track now :D

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
You missed a couple of the victorian vwwatercooled boys taking the piss out of some of the vwgolf.net.au boys and putting a few noses out of joint. :D

thats a bit rich considering how much of a joke watercooled is of a forum

oh and welcome back Nick!

saad

Go Kart Champion
I wasn't saying that Saad was the sole reason for the implosion, others did have a part to play - i.e. those that heaped abuse on him. But he makes it out as though he was free of any blame.

I never made out i was free of blame - which is why I have apologised on numerous occasions, and said it was never my intention for that to happen.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I'd like to suggest that we all just lighten up a little. As the saying goes, there's no point in worrying about things you can't change. What happened on this forum is history, it can't be changed, it can't be modified, it can't be retracted in any way. Let it go.

I don't see any point in posting negative comments about other forums. Pick and choose any or all of them. I've never had any issues with watercooled or vwgolf.net as such. If you don't like a forum for whatever reason, just ignore it.

I'm not as optimistic as some are about rusurrecting the Aussie section of this forum. As our elder statesman, GP_GTI has said, being a MK5 specific forum means it has a limited lifespan. Such wise words from such a wiseguy. Oops, I mean wise (pause) guy. :biggrin:

So, lets put an end to the bickering and move on. Let it be, let it be, these are words of wisdom let it be-ee. Hmm, I feel a song coming on. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him

oh hello...you still here too?:wub:

TimT

Go Kart Champion

Im not saying that I condone it but it was certainly funny to watch!

But you highlight the point I made in one of my posts.
I dont care what the admin staff are like. Its not relevant. And how can you judge a community of over 5000 people? There are all types of there. As there are anywhere.

I dont have much time for Julia Gillard but you dont see me leaving Australia do you?

manol

Professional Jerk
Car(s)
GTI 2.0 TFSI
vwgolf.net.au is an awful forum. There is no actual debate or anything learnt. It's basically everyone jerking each other off over their cars and never actually criticising anything that's awful.

For some reason there is also a 90something page thread about someone taking shit out of their car. I don't know why it's that large.

saad

Go Kart Champion
vwgolf.net.au is an awful forum. There is no actual debate or anything learnt. It's basically everyone jerking each other off over their cars and never actually criticising anything that's awful.

For some reason there is also a 90something page thread about someone taking shit out of their car. I don't know why it's that large.

Because a lot of ppl appreciae what he is doing and going against the norm with mods.