GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'M BACK BABY!

GP_GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I too joined the other Forum, but I thought it was pretty stupid that everyone (almost) including the new, you beaut moderators of this forum went to the new room and started all over again.

Only the feeling over there was like a kindergarten, and the forum itself seems to be a business venture ........

But being MKV only, this forum will inevitably shrink in any case.

At least on here we've got some truly hard-core individuals like Chris and Nick who can take a joke and take the piss without having to stand in the naughty corner :biggrin::happyanim:

saad

Go Kart Champion
I'm interstate to them, and I didn't feel any rudeness at all, and was very welcomed at the meets I attended including VW nationals, and we had a real good time.

Chris, not sure if we have met, but sorry if I seemed rude - if we haven't met, you shoulda introduced yourself!

triode, have we met? What sort of negativity did you experience, cos I honestly haven't seen or noticed any.

TimT, tell me more about vw watercooled taking the piss! Fist I'm hearing of this, always like a bit of drama!

camerooney

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Dub!
At this year's VW Nationals, with the exception of Cameron (Cam), I found most of the members of that other forum to be downright rude. I know it takes two to tango, but as an interstate visitor it would have been nice for people to be a bit more welcoming. Hence I don't post there anymore. :thumbdown:

It was great chatting to you mate.
:smile:

I trust you had a good trip back home?

I've been a bit quite over here as well, but I'm sure we'll be able to resurrect the forum.

redback

ftmfw
cmonnnn guys this forum went to the shithouse and they didnt build it just because this section went downhill, they had a crazy thought and went along with it and now its successful. The people who started the forum also have alot of experience since they are also moderators of JDMST and even thou there different type of cars, they know how to manage forums very well. Also there are some big hitters with many connections in all fields on the other forum that is helping them escalate. I still check out this forum but only the photo, engine and cosmetic sections =P

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Welcome back Nick.

As GP suggested being a MKV only forum I don't hang around on here too much now having a MK6.

If you consider members meeting just to check out each others rides (revving their cars to show off their exhausts - and then blaming the noise disturbance on someone else's stereo) and no one introducing themselves or talking to the newbies (except those who already know each other) - then power to you and I strongly recommend you stay over there.

The Sydney folk that i met seemed quite good but didn't go to an official GTG. What do you expect to do if you're not checking out each others rides and talking crap?

You do know right that the other forum has banned it's members from organising gtgs. Only forum organised gtgs are allowed to be advertised and reported on.

Not sure what you mean, we just had a GTG last week up here.

Also I don't see the reason why the events subforum needs to be locked down with security. i.e. members only access.
Not a good way of welcoming new people into the fold.

Doesn't take long to join up/log in.

Last edited:

TimT

Go Kart Champion
agree. It has taken off and I think it will be very successful. No reason why all the communities cant co-exist. The bigger the scene is the better.

I dont think anyone trying to label a community in a particular light is wise. Just as a lot of you label watercooled users in a particular fashion.

All communities have their wankers, whingers, anal types and cool people. Its always just a matter of finding where you fit in.

And Saad.. This ones for you..

O RLY?

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
It was great chatting to you mate.
:smile:

I trust you had a good trip back home?

Thanks Cam, nice chatting to you too. The trip home was quite peaceful. Very little traffic.

The next trip is likely to be to Canberra for the German Autofest in September. Cam, any chance that you'll be going too?

triode12

Go Kart Champion
cmonnnn guys this forum went to the shithouse and they didnt build it just because this section went downhill, they had a crazy thought and went along with it and now its successful. The people who started the forum also have alot of experience since they are also moderators of JDMST and even thou there different type of cars, they know how to manage forums very well. Also there are some big hitters with many connections in all fields on the other forum that is helping them escalate. I still check out this forum but only the photo, engine and cosmetic sections =P

You think so? Funny how their forum appeared so soon after things went "shithouse" over here.

And the person who was the catalyst of the implosion is now one of their biggest fans.

Coincidence?

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I too joined the other Forum, but I thought it was pretty stupid that everyone (almost) including the new, you beaut moderators of this forum went to the new room and started all over again.

Only the feeling over there was like a kindergarten, and the forum itself seems to be a business venture ........

But being MKV only, this forum will inevitably shrink in any case.

At least on here we've got some truly hard-core individuals like Chris and Nick who can take a joke and take the piss without having to stand in the naughty corner :biggrin::happyanim:

Yeah, it is like a nanny state. One can't say anything negative otherwise people will get their egos hurt and you'll be jumped on.

camerooney

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Dub!
Thanks Cam, nice chatting to you too. The trip home was quite peaceful. Very little traffic.

The next trip is likely to be to Canberra for the German Autofest in September. Cam, any chance that you'll be going too?

I might be.
Haven't planned anything that far ahead so hopefully I'll be free and nothing will crop up
:wink:

saad

Go Kart Champion
You think so? Funny how their forum appeared so soon after things went "shithouse" over here.

And the person who was the catalyst of the implosion is now one of their biggest fans.

Coincidence?

I can positively assure you that I have nothing to do with the creation of the other forum. Infact, people were worried when I signed up etc, and before I even did, people were saying "I hope Saad doesnt come" but I promised I would not make the same mistakes again - lesson learned etc, so was welcomed by the old crew.

But having met the founders, and some of the members there who dont drive mk5s so arent here, they are all a very nice bunch, and I;ve made some genuine friends.

Also, by calling me the catalyst, your saying i simply sped up the inevitable. So its not really my fault. As I recall, a handful of members decided to bump all the threads i started, which caused a lot of the heavyweights around here to leave. By that stage, I was getting the message, and had curbed my new thread creation rate, thus making the activities of 'Black Monday' completely unnecessary.

Chris, make sure we meet up when you come down for the German autofest - I may not own my GTI anymore, but we should still catch up!

JTW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
I miss how this forum used to be :(
I still hang around on here, but it's awefully quiet nowdays.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I can positively assure you that I have nothing to do with the creation of the other forum. Infact, people were worried when I signed up etc, and before I even did, people were saying "I hope Saad doesnt come" but I promised I would not make the same mistakes again - lesson learned etc, so was welcomed by the old crew.

But having met the founders, and some of the members there who dont drive mk5s so arent here, they are all a very nice bunch, and I;ve made some genuine friends.

Also, by calling me the catalyst, your saying i simply sped up the inevitable. So its not really my fault. As I recall, a handful of members decided to bump all the threads i started, which caused a lot of the heavyweights around here to leave. By that stage, I was getting the message, and had curbed my new thread creation rate, thus making the activities of 'Black Monday' completely unnecessary.

Chris, make sure we meet up when you come down for the German autofest - I may not own my GTI anymore, but we should still catch up!

It's good that you are accepted over there and I am happy for you. Perhaps you'd be happier staying over there.

I don't know how you can conclude that the implosion was inevitable when I and a whole lot of others here could not believe what we were seeing.

You could have stopped the inane thread creations when it was first made known to you. Instead you continued to start them even when you knew it was causing friction between you and certain forum members. So you are not w/o fault.

The implosion didn't happen on one day. It took weeks. Weeks in which you could have stopped what you were doing.

What makes it all the more galling is that after all that crap...you are now selling your GTI.

saad

Go Kart Champion
Dude come on seriously. And I didn't realise, I was actually quite oblivious until fairly late - had I known I would have stopped. I have said time and time again I wasn't tying to cause trouble, I was just over enthusiastic an some ppl got annoyed as a result. Over enthusiasm meant creating new threads all the time, but I must say this was the first forum I was a member of where creating excess threads ctually caused ppl to get angry. It's the internet. Get over it.

I'm a member here, and there - I come in here to see whats going on, and to contribute when I can - dont see the harm there.

And I said it was inevitable because you called me the catalyst:

"A substance, usually used in small amounts relative to the reactants, that modifies and increases the rate of a reaction."

Without a catalyst, the reaction still occurs, just more slowly.

Yes I am selling it, but I intend to buy another one eventually. And I'm not selling it because I'm bored with it, or want another car, in which case your point would hold merit, but am making a sacrifice to take a risk that will hopefully pay off in the long run.