GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'M BACK BABY!

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
So yeah, after an absence of a few months due to a combination of work commitments and my GTI having some repair issues, I am back.

Seems like I have a fair bit of reading to catch up on.

Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and hopefully catch up with everyone soon, I noticed I missed the Black Spur run...dammit!

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Oh no! :yikes: Well that's it guys, there's no hope for us now! Will the last person to leave please turn out the lights. :lol:

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Oh no! :yikes: Well that's it guys, there's no hope for us now! Will the last person to leave please turn out the lights. :lol:

Thought you might have been enjoying the peace and quiet Chris!

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
This place has been close to comatose. Hopefully, some of the regulars will filter back at some point.

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
G'day Nick....work can't be that bad that it keeps you away from here....can it?

saad

Go Kart Champion
the other new forum though is very very very very good. Great community, regular meetups, awesome layout etc. And has all the old regulars as well as some very very cool newer people.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
the other new forum though is very very very very good. Great community, regular meetups, awesome layout etc. And has all the old regulars as well as some very very cool newer people.

If you consider members meeting just to check out each others rides (revving their cars to show off their exhausts - and then blaming the noise disturbance on someone else's stereo) and no one introducing themselves or talking to the newbies (except those who already know each other) - then power to you and I strongly recommend you stay over there.

You do know right that the other forum has banned it's members from organising gtgs. Only forum organised gtgs are allowed to be advertised and reported on.

I miss the camarderie of this forum before the rot set in. Really sad it had to happen - if only a certain someone had been more considerate and listened to the objections of the members we would not be in this sad state of affairs.

But I am quite positive we can ressurect this forum.

Last edited:

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
You do know right that the other forum has banned it's members from organising gtgs. Only forum organised gtgs are allowed to be advertised and reported on.

Really?
Do you have a link to where they say that?
Gayest thing i have ever heard.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
and no one introducing themselves or talking to the newbies (except those who already know each other)

But I am quite positive we can ressurect this forum.

At this year's VW Nationals, with the exception of Cameron (Cam), I found most of the members of that other forum to be downright rude. I know it takes two to tango, but as an interstate visitor it would have been nice for people to be a bit more welcoming. Hence I don't post there anymore. :thumbdown:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Really?
Do you have a link to where they say that?
Gayest thing i have ever heard.

It is an unwritten rule - why do you think the thread on our last gtg got deleted?

Also I don't see the reason why the events subforum needs to be locked down with security. i.e. members only access.
Not a good way of welcoming new people into the fold.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
At this year's VW Nationals, with the exception of Cameron (Cam), I found most of the members of that other forum to be downright rude. I know it takes two to tango, but as an interstate visitor it would have been nice for people to be a bit more welcoming. Hence I don't post there anymore. :thumbdown:

So I didn't miss a thing by not attending.

Experienced the same thing in the two or three events organised by them I participated in.

TimT

Go Kart Champion
So I didn't miss a thing by not attending.

Experienced the same thing in the two or three events organised by them I participated in.

You missed a couple of the victorian vwwatercooled boys taking the piss out of some of the vwgolf.net.au boys and putting a few noses out of joint. :D