GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how long will the DSG last

rmoleman

My 2006 has 103k on it. The trans fluid has been changed on schedule. At what mileage (with regular fluid changes) should I expect the DSG to implode?

Has anyone had a total DSG transmission failure from high mileage? What did it coat to fix?

fastwire

Ready to race!
clutch slipping?

rmoleman

I do not think the clutch is slipping. It drives ok but if you take your foot off the brake from stop without pressing the gas it seems to vibrate more than it used to.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a DSG fail in an end of life type way yet.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
well, i took an 06 GLI DSG up to 180k miles just fine, my current 08 R32 also does fine with high miles now. i change my own fluids

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I do not think the clutch is slipping. It drives ok but if you take your foot off the brake from stop without pressing the gas it seems to vibrate more than it used to.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a DSG fail in an end of life type way yet.

Probably time to replace mounts. I would recommend you replace your motor and trans mounts. Best to replace all at same time.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

Probably time to replace trans and engine mounts or you did so and you used stiffer aftermarket types.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

Probably time to replace trans and engine mounts or you did so and you used stiffer aftermarket types that transfer more vibration.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
I haven't heard or read of any DSG failures due to high mileage. I'm thinking under normal use with regular fluid change it should last forever.

Repair bill would be comparable to a new DSG. If you get to the point where the DSG fails due to use/age the repair would cost more than the car would be worth.....thinking of a 300,000 mile MKV GTI/GLI.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
My DSG is at 180k and still going fine.
Had a HPA flash for ~50k miles meow and get the DSG fluid/filter chagned every 40k