GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Bulb Install

zmoclov21

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 cw 2 door dsg gti
whats there not to get? I did mine not gunna lie the first one took me like 20 min running back inside to look at the diy but and then i put it in 90 degrees off re did it then it dawned on me how to do it and then the second one took me like 5 min!

Holy crap this thread is still going? Sweet :)

BTW, expecting return shortly...waiting on 2012 to arrive ;)

Stepping back into the MkV game? Very nice. OG's FTW lol.

Yup, starting this crap all over again lol.

I'll be modifying the MK6 through K04, at least that's the plan. Will take years but every step of the way will be included in my new build thread that I'll be creating, along with any DIY's I can create that will be helpful. :biggrin:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yup, starting this crap all over again lol.

I'll be modifying the MK6 through K04, at least that's the plan. Will take years but every step of the way will be included in my new build thread that I'll be creating, along with any DIY's I can create that will be helpful. :biggrin:

Nice man. I'll definitely be checking the thread out, though I'm assuming it'll be on GolfMkVI? I suppose that's not a problem since I'm on that forum as well.:bellyroll:

Nice man. I'll definitely be checking the thread out, though I'm assuming it'll be on GolfMkVI? I suppose that's not a problem since I'm on that forum as well.:bellyroll:

Yes it will be on GolfMK6. I have to say though, while I think the new ass is very much improved, I do miss the MKV face. Not so much the headlights but the front bumper, that audiesq touch.

I'll probably write another DIY for headlight bulbs as well if I find the need for 6000k's.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yes it will be on GolfMK6. I have to say though, while I think the new ass is very much improved, I do miss the MKV face. Not so much the headlights but the front bumper, that audiesq touch.

I'll probably write another DIY for headlight bulbs as well if I find the need for 6000k's.

Yeah, I do like the MkV front ends a lot. I like the MkVI front as well, but only the upper piece. The vertical foglights just don't do it for me. I actually prefer the subtle look of the Golf R front end. The rear of the MkVI GTI looks okay, although I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the dual exhaust. The rear of the MkV was definitely the weak point, but Golf R32 taillights, OEM LED's, or even just R32 style tinted taillights plus painted lowers really transforms the rears of MkV's.

Off topic as usual. Carry on.:biggrin:

On topic, it is interesting to note that Philips Ultinon, which I absolutely swore by, are NOT available in the MK6 config of D1S. In the absence of this brand, I'll be picking up some Xtreme D1S 6000k Bulbs from xenondepot.com.

That's interesting. You have the OEM projector HID's on your MkVI right? MkV's use the D2S bulbs?

Yes the 2012 comes with adaptive HID projectors (<> ^¥)

Also, LED DRLs :biggrin:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Sick. Too bad they're an option, plus they don't have the FTP center lights so you can't have up to 6 highbeams.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
The center flash to pass lights. On MkV's, you could put the controller in UK mode and have those come on with the high beams. That combined with being able to have the foglights on with the high beams effectively gives you 6 lights at once.