GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help me i hit a curb

Hi there, this was really hard work to be able to make a post on hear I'm only looking for some help lol. I recently hit a curb in my mrk 4 golf I hit it that hard it blew the airbag inside the nearside seat and locked the seatbelt off, I've managed to sort the most of the damage out but the nearside front wheel lookers like its got a 40mm wheel spacer on it its really pushed the bottom of the wheel in and the tops really over hanging Ive tried to fix it Bye putting new coilovers, track rod ends and a wish bone on it and its still the same :mad: I don't get in now really, what else could I have bent :s ??????????????? Also my tracking is massively out thanks

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
You'll have to check the alignment of the car....I'm sure it's out of spec. Also, what does the wheel itself look like? Otherwise, check the control arms, tie rods, axle, all the usual stuff and then maybe see if the subframe has been shifted. You can do a lot of damage to a vehicle with a curb. It could be any number of things.

Ive replaced both track rod end and the lower wish bone, so I'm hoping it can be altered with a tracking ailment otherwise the garage is gonna say they can't do it and its gonna be a nother issue. Ie the sub frame :( witch I'm not to shore on the possible cost.
Many thanks for your reply I'm happy to have another option
Many thanks

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Hi there, this was really hard work to be able to make a post on hear I'm only looking for some help lol. I recently hit a curb in my mrk 4 golf I hit it that hard it blew the airbag inside the nearside seat and locked the seatbelt off, I've managed to sort the most of the damage out but the nearside front wheel lookers like its got a 40mm wheel spacer on it its really pushed the bottom of the wheel in and the tops really over hanging Ive tried to fix it Bye putting new coilovers, track rod ends and a wish bone on it and its still the same :mad: I don't get in now really, what else could I have bent :s ??????????????? Also my tracking is massively out thanks

You bent the steering knuckle/spindle. Replace the side you're having issues with, not the most difficult job out there.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The knuckle? As in the hole wheel hub? Ive even replaced the sub fame now and its still not perfect but I'm yet to get the tracking done and it is out

Yup...pic for reference: