GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI to 2.5TT and a Audi TT 2.5t swap

dapper5

Passed Driver's Ed
Starting this thread to keep up with build progress. I originally was going to build my tsi all out balls out. But after seeing my tig die from a failed tensioner, and seeing that a used tsi motor is $1200 - $2500. Decided to go to the 2.5 side. Local junk yards sell low mile 2.5 for $250!

My buddy came back from being stationed in hawaii and wanted to do something different. He's wanting to swap a 2.5 into an audi tt and then strap a pte6262 on it and see what she makes.

I'm going a bit more wild, planning a 2.5 swap into the gti but attempting to make a twin or compound setup out of it. If all else fails, I'll run an enormous wheel and call it a day.

These 2 builds are going to take some serious time, I'm guessing a year and a half for both to be complete as everything will be custom. **disclaimer for anyone who follows for what ever reason..**

I'm wondering with the firing order of the 2.5 being 1, 2, 4, 5, 3. Could I make a twin manifold with this setup.

Collector #1
1, 5, 3
Collector #2
2, 4, 3
3 being divided to flow into both. Collector #1 receiving runner 5 instead of 4 due to runner 1 providing first pulse. And collector #2 receiving runner 4 to give it the first pulse on the second stroke. I'm hoping that will balance flow to both turbines. I'm open to ideas. If I can't get the manifold right, I'm going compound. That's a bit easier to set up on an odd fire IMO.

The bay will have a lot of relocation, deletes, etc to compensate for space. Battery to cab, fuse box to glove box, overflow tank either deleted or relocated.

Thread will be updated as progress is made. Right now I'm rebuilding the tig, putting the gti engine into the donor jetta, and rebuilding a jeep for a daily / parts getter.

Gti!

Shop!

Donor jetta!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Awesome, I'll definitely be following this build.

dapper5

Passed Driver's Ed
Waiting on harbor freight's black friday and a couple other stores to get a mig, tig, and tool chest and new tools. Mine are lonely sitting on the floor...

Also mocking the manifold and all piping with pvc. Then gonna mount it to the motor and bolt the motor in to check for clearance. Pictures to follow when pvc mock up complete!

dapper5

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess iabed was talking about your tigg on IG?

Good luck with the builds [emoji1360][emoji1360]
I'm confused here about what tig lol. What did you mean?
And thanks for that resistor for the OE tsi diverter. I ended up just taking the diaphragm out and using the stock housing as a plug and leaving it plugged in because I lost it the day it got to my house during my move. What ever works I guess.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
I'm confused here about what tig lol. What did you mean?
And thanks for that resistor for the OE tsi diverter. I ended up just taking the diaphragm out and using the stock housing as a plug and leaving it plugged in because I lost it the day it got to my house during my move. What ever works I guess.

Thought he may have been talking about ya

dapper5

Passed Driver's Ed
Thought he may have been talking about ya

Oh, no that's not mine lol. I picked mine up for cheap in a non running status. Turned out to be a tensioner failure. I'm either going to put the gti motor in it or just rebuild the current motor in the tig. I'm thinking about selling it afterwards, but the awd it has is screaming gt30, gt30, gt30... so we'll see what that turns into i guess.

Picking up some pvc tonight, gonna start laying all the manifold flanges out and hopefully by next week be able to mock it up in the bay!

dapper5

Passed Driver's Ed
Back story to the paint is I went on deployment and found a rust spot right before I left. Originally I went for a boser, but got the boser and the color change done as well. It's a custom color they mixed up for a prior customer who didn't take it.