GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FMIC opinions

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Why are twincoolers taboo? Just don't work?

The big issue is the 4 90° bends in the hoses and 4 different holes the air travels through. Every time air hits a bend you crash particles and increase temps but also slow air velocity. Not to mention the volume of 2 cores is just too much for a K03 and anything bigger moves air faster and just worsens the issues I mentioned before.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
APR is a quality intercooler in the stock position. It's a great core, adds a huge mount of volume, and fits like OEM with no hassles. I've had one on my mk6 k04ed GTI for at least 40,000mi and it's been perfectly fine.

When installing aftermarket parts, fitment is often a great reason to spend a tiny bit more and save yourself a headache.

If you are thinking about a true fmic, cookie cutter and no hassle, neuspeed is hard to beat.

Stock position - apr, iE, Wagner are all proven good cores - regardless of whatever marketing all these hardware items are fine. I've seen one offs from all over the place too - some people run JDM mainstays without any problems but they have done stuff like swapping or modifying the core support To make it fit. Again fitment plays a big role.

Personally I stay away from SPM because I've seen fitment and quality control issues regularly on cars but when they're installed people seem
To be fine. I assume they're about the same as any eBay or Godspeed thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@timpanogos i have a slightly used condenser for sale. ;) just sayin

my advice is not to run without the lower valance of the front bumper cover for a year.

I'm sure condensers aren't expensive but i'd have to pay an AC guy to do the install.