GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exterior Trim Removal

Bcruzin

Der Teuful Hunde
Car(s)
06 Candy White 6 spd
Excellent pics! But I'd like to find the guy who told me that they're just held on with adhesive.. on the other forum.. lucky for him I didn't try to remove it myself.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
it is held on by adhesive only there are holes that are used to guide the door strips into place ;)

Island dubster

German Engineering VWhat
Car(s)
07 Candy 2.5 4dr
Cheese what a big Job, i was thinking of it two but screw that shit. maybe one day if i get T-boned then will be the right time..

Deano

I must admit this does look like a really big job, but firstly there are only about 6 small holes on each side of the car to weld and fill, and secondly the door skins on mk5 golfs bolt on so thats why it looks like a big job,the full job cost me £200 a side so £400 all in,i thought this was very reasonable considering a friend payed £1000 to have the same done to his mk3 golf.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
"if it ain't broke, don't mess with it"

So you are doing no modifications of any kind to your vehicle? Cause if you follow your own motto...then you should be, and stay 100% stock.

And it looks great, would love to see some non-camera phone pictures though. Anyone profficient on photoshop willing to take off the door handles on that shaved golf near the top of the page?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I think it's a great look to get rid of 'em, but those strips have now saved 3 dents in my doors. It's purely a functional piece, but it is pretty damn functional from my experiences.

Bcruzin

Der Teuful Hunde
Car(s)
06 Candy White 6 spd
I think it's a great look to get rid of 'em, but those strips have now saved 3 dents in my doors. It's purely a functional piece, but it is pretty damn functional from my experiences.

I couldn't agree more, but I still wish I had some body shop connections... I am more than willing to park in the middle of nowhere to save the doors...

manjk

Rocket Man
It's gonna look like this after a visit to a bodyshop. Pics are from a member with a regular Golf on a Belgian forum.

I wanna know everything about this car EVERYthing

What rims
What Front Bumper
What rear bumper
Where the Fenders Flared
stock interior? aftermarket?
Size of rims EXACT

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME OUT IM ANXIOUS TO KNOW

Deano

MichaelThomas wrote
btw Deano, it looks like your car went through a lot of work. Did it set you back much?
It does look like a lot of work but its not really that much to be honest,to have the side trim removed cost me £400, I dont think thats bad at all when you cosider they had to re spray the full side of the car.

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
that's sick. nice job. what's the deal with the smoked headlights? i'd be worried about getting pulled over as soon as i left my driveway. is that a new rear bumper or did you just paint the oem rear bumper?