GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exterior Trim Removal

Bcruzin

Der Teuful Hunde
Car(s)
06 Candy White 6 spd
First post..
Been on MyFastGTI, but can't come up with an answer. Looking to remove the trim / bump guard / door ding protector on the sides of the car. Anyone done it? Is it adhesive? And please post pics if you have
Thanks

918hare

Go Kart Champion
It is held on by double sided tape but once they are removed there are several holes in the door you need to fill if you are leaving them off

GTI2007

It's gonna look like this after a visit to a bodyshop. Pics are from a member with a regular Golf on a Belgian forum.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 7,795
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 5,642
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 4,896

DJECTED

Ready to race!
THAT SHIT MAKES NO SENCE.....may b a lil one...im so glad i didnt found out by my self;-)...but so sad that its the case!!;-(

Deano

Hi guys new to this site and was having a look through and noticed this thread so thought I would reply,I have had my side trim removed and here are the results.
Work in progress

Having hung out at a body shop for a long time, seeing what you went through for the door trim...man that's a lot of work! I can't believe they drilled the skin off!!! Guess they like welding lol.

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Deano, after seeing what your GTI went through, I think I'll keep my side trim for now.:biggrin: