GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

613B6

Ready to race!
Did you do your research on etuners? I've read horror stories by evo/mitsu guys getting ripped off by them.

Why is your car so hard to tune that UM wants $4k to tune it?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Realistically, I don't think $4k is a unreasonable number if it's actually being dyno tuned, but if they're just planning to make a map without dynoing the car it's way overpriced.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Did you do your research on etuners? I've read horror stories by evo/mitsu guys getting ripped off by them.

Why is your car so hard to tune that UM wants $4k to tune it?

aux injection is hard to do apparently

Realistically, I don't think $4k is a unreasonable number if it's actually being dyno tuned, but if they're just planning to make a map without dynoing the car it's way overpriced.

4k is super unreasonable for a car that isnt sponsored

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Perhaps I see things differently from working in a shop, but if they spend a week to tune it, that's 40hrs of labor at $100/hr. I'd imagine it'd take about a week to get all of the different maps and everything right, although I know nothing about tuning.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
This is assuming that a tech is working on the car from 9:00 to 5:00 for the entire work week, which is not the case.

Ive seen dyno tunes as low as $200 (independent tuner renting a dyno from a shop), and the highest Ive seen is roughly $1000 within the realm of econo-tuner cars.

Im sure tuning with the AUX injectors will be difficult, but not $4000 difficult.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
However, after speaking with someone who had done that type of thing before that's way to much :lol: My buddy said he charged people between $150-180/hr and it'd usually take no longer than 10-12 at the absolute most.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
However, after speaking with someone who had done that type of thing before that's way to much :lol: My buddy said he charged people between $150-180/hr and it'd usually take no longer than 10-12 at the absolute most.

exactly.

So here's the deal. I've been speaking with Stelios from E-tuners Greece. He is going to tune my car free of charge with the stipulation that I help promote his business/basically advertise his services. Saves me $4k and hes willing to do as many revisions as it takes to get it right. We're pushing to have it done before sowo.

When I first started off with .do, I sent in my 115B ecu. The box I got back was a 115F. Branden (tmsracing) has a theory that the ecu is not playing nice with my harness since apparently they are different between the early/late cars. I have already replaced my entire car harness once but it was still an early harness ('06 or '07). If we cant get any of my ecus to work (I have a 115F, 115G, 115H) we're going to try the stock 115B box. Im shipping a couple of ecus to branden later this week to BDM dump after I do some harness testing with a eurodyne file hes having me try.

613B6

Ready to race!
The aux injectors are just adding extra fuel once the primarys max out. Its very basic interms of picking what load/rpm/boost to come on at and duty cycle to achive the proper a/f. I tuned a turbo ducatti with F/IC and its very stright forward. At 4K its there way of say we arent interested lol. Hope things work out for you with etuners, I still think your challeneges will be around that fluctuating low fuel pressure as you mentioned before. Keep at it!

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

Just to clarify once more, the difference is that "E-tuners" are actually tuners - they sell remaps for a living and that is all they do.

"Extreme tuners" are not actual tuners, they are sellers of "extreme" products for Mitsus and Subarus.
They are Bad news (with a capital B) and having a similar name to theirs is extremely unfortunate...

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
That's how I will be running it on the rabbit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Nice, I love your collections of parts growing bigger and bigger.

Mine started perfectly as expected. I sooooo dont want to start making this a big turbo project . But I think I must, LoL.