GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Still working on the wiring harness, being anal retentive about routing. I relocated the knock sensors from the front of the block to the rear. One problem is that the mounting bosses and ID of the sensors is 8mm and the mounting bosses on the rear of the block are 10mm. I modified the knock sensors, got them mounted and made a bracket for the plugs. Only wire mounted on the front of the block is a crank sensor now. I also made a bracket to move the OEM plastic bracket and modified the plastic to fit the crank sensor instead of the knock sensor (it was keyed). I still may change the front bracket of use an AEG sensor which has about an extra foot of wiring and allows for a ton of different mounting options. Only wiring left to add and figure out routing for is the front coolant temp, alternator and aux injector plugs

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Finished welding up the temp sensor flange to a 1.8t coolant outlet. I was going to cut the end of the pipe off and weld on an extension to have it mate up with the stock FSI lower hose but if I'm going to use the A4 Quattro engine bracket as a front engine mounting bracket I'll need to run the hose on the crank pulley side or make a weird looking extension so I left it be. I welded the temp sensor bung in a way to best hide the wiring. I also relocated the mounting spot for the crank sensor plug again since I got my INA plate back from being fixed so I can actually use it now but it still needs an oil feed port for the turbo since INA didn't seem to think a turbo car needs oil supplied to the turbo.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I got my INA plate back from being fixed so I can actually use it now but it still needs an oil feed port for the turbo since INA didn't seem to think a turbo car needs oil supplied to the turbo.

Seems to be a running theme with INA gear.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Seems to be a running theme with INA gear.

But if anyone mentions the problems in various fb or forum groups is Issam throws a fit and eventually the posts or threads get deleted. Fact remains that too many times the fitment of the stuff he sends out is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
But if anyone mentions the problems in various fb or forum groups is Issam throws a fit and eventually the posts or threads get deleted. Fact remains that too many times the fitment of the stuff he sends out is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, his stuff usually looks nice, and is usually a good idea for something that doesn't exist yet, but it's ALWAYS garbage, and to top it off he's a horrible person to deal with.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Finished welding up the temp sensor flange to a 1.8t coolant outlet. I was going to cut the end of the pipe off and weld on an extension to have it mate up with the stock FSI lower hose but if I'm going to use the A4 Quattro engine bracket as a front engine mounting bracket I'll need to run the hose on the crank pulley side or make a weird looking extension so I left it be. I welded the temp sensor bung in a way to best hide the wiring. I also relocated the mounting spot for the crank sensor plug again since I got my INA plate back from being fixed so I can actually use it now but it still needs an oil feed port for the turbo since INA didn't seem to think a turbo car needs oil supplied to the turbo.

You should have welded an AN on that thermostat housing, and had all your coolant hoses be AN hoses. :cool:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I thought about that but then I would also have to get a custom radiator made with AN on that end as well. Right now, I only have ~$100 into the flange including the polishing I had done after I did the test fit. Eventually I would like to do all AN lines but for now its just too expensive.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I was looking at doing that, but I just have way too much plastic in my system still lol.

Farenheit179

Passed Driver's Ed
Just read through this... Luckily I can slack at work and look at this. And I must say holy shit batman! This car is going to be amazing. Makes me want to get rid of my Fahrenheit because I'll never have the time or money to do it as much justice as you have done to this car!