GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Since most brake line manufactures ship line in a big coil unless you only need a short section, I needed a line straightener. You can uncoil the line by hand but it usually stays wavy and uneven. "Professional" line straightening tools are $200. I made one that functions the exact same for $25 worth of angle iron and patio door wheels. it's just not as pretty

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I just saw that you're located in Indianapolis. I used to live there, so now I understand why you work so much on your car, there's nothing else to do there!! Keep up the good work, your innovation is very inspiring.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Since I'm waiting on parts and haven't really been working on my own car, I'll post some pics of work I've been doing on Erball's car. He needed a custom discharge pipe and downpipe. The tight tadius ATP dp he ordered wasn't tight enough so I pie cut a tight raidus 90 and tacked it together. Finishing the rest of it tomorrow

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
I'm assuming that one flat spot is for the O2 bung?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Made a tee fitting for the rear brake lines, trying to figure out how to go from the line out into the cabin. Where I want to run the line into the cabin, the floor is double walled with a 1" or so gap in between. Found out that working with stainless brake lines is seriously difficult. Also got my header wrapped last week and finally figured out where to mount the ABS module, central convenience module and fusebox. Turns out I won't have to extend any wires for the fusebox since there's no HVAC box in the way now

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Red Bull gives you wings!