GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

Angry Turrd

Passed Driver's Ed
How do you guys learn to do all of these mods by yourself... I'm too scared to even pull a bolt off the car without worrying about wasting money $$

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
How do you guys learn to do all of these mods by yourself... I'm too scared to even pull a bolt off the car without worrying about wasting money $$

By not being scared and just doing it. You learn from your mistakes and try to gather as much knowledge as possible. That and out of necessity, most of us couldn't afford to have a shop do the things we do so we learn. Trial by fire baby.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
By not being scared and just doing it. You learn from your mistakes and try to gather as much knowledge as possible. That and out of necessity, most of us couldn't afford to have a shop do the things we do so we learn. Trial by fire baby.
This^^ and reading threads like this. Luckily a lot of trained guys like Eurocars share a lot of info and help the community out. All hail Eric! Lol

posted from tapatalk

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Outside of a degree Eric has no VW training. He learned this all from reading, being mechanically inclined, and doing all his own work. He didn't learn this shit in a day, he has been here for years.

I'm fortunate enough that my dad owns a body shop and we work on all of our own stuff. So I was brough into this since I was a kid. Only time I go to a shop is for an alignment/mounting tires. Other then that I've done all my own work.

You shouldn't be afraid of your car. We've all broken shit. Even Eric. You're gonna learn best by getting your hands dirty and doing it.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

lots of research, trial and error. If you know enough about the system/what youre trying to modify you wont be as worried to start taking it apart or messing around with it. Also helps that I have a bachelors in automotive technology