GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex vs XL

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Hub or chassis?

Chassis. Pretty sure it's the same model my local shop here in Denver uses that I dyno'd on....

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 11.05.09 AM.png

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Chassis. Pretty sure it's the same model my local shop here in Denver uses that I dyno'd on....

View attachment 176924
I was just curious because I know how high the hub dynos typically run, and it would have made sense, numbers wise, if EQT’s was one, but it wouldn’t make sense as a tuner that does dyno tunes. Dynocom chassis makes sense.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
It doesn't matter to me and maybe irrelevant here but I got the impression that Ed's dyno reads at least 12% higher vs other dynos. My car was made 460whp with L380x on E48 on Ed dyno, where as similar setups on other dynos read 405whp ish max.

Reactions: MSH

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I used a dynocom when I lived in Florida. It read a little high, but the guys showed me there is literally a setting you can adjust to make it read higher or lower. I forget if it was some kind of load factor or correction factor but at the end of the day it simply made the numbers higher or lower. Lol

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I used a dynocom when I lived in Florida. It read a little high, but the guys showed me there is literally a setting you can adjust to make it read higher or lower. I forget if it was some kind of load factor or correction factor but at the end of the day it simply made the numbers higher or lower. Lol

Just a random datapoint here that really doesn't speak to the reading high part of the puzzle, but when I did my E40 tune with Ed he indicated that I should be at 420whp, which I assume he is using a figure he would see on his Dynocom down pretty much at sea level.
I dyno'd up here in Denver at Bluewater Performance on the same Dynocom dyno Ed uses and while my uncorrected #'s were much lower because of our altitude (350whp) the corrected #'s came in exactly where Ed said I would land at 420whp

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
if you new guys need a good read related to EQT's dyno, and can imagine someone's head exploding, I'll leave this right here. I like to picture Vargas as Frank Grimes, and Ed as Homer Simpson(not an insult in the least, Homer Simpson is a hero) here.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/vtt-mqb-cast-gc-vs-boss-600-dyno.360167/post-7251390

Ed's car runs 10.4 @ 131, that is the number that matters. Dynos as you all know are tools. I found the lack of conversation regarding other indicators a dyno chart provides hilarious. Here, I have updated it.
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 7.01.27 PM.png

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Ed's car runs 10.4 @ 131, that is the number that matters. Dynos as you all know are tools. I found the lack of conversation regarding other indicators a dyno chart provides hilarious. Here, I have updated it.View attachment 176978
I wasn’t besmirching EQT. The topics in this thread reminded me of the dumpster fire that was the Vargas Turbo on this platform. Newer members should be aware of the hilarity. Nevertheless, the EQT dyno runs absurdly high.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I wasn’t besmirching EQT. The topics in this thread reminded me of the dumpster fire that was the Vargas Turbo on this platform. Newer members should be aware of the hilarity. Nevertheless, the EQT dyno runs absurdly high.

I remember that shit show. It was pretty funny when Ed shut him up on their dyno showdown.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie

Yeah I should have replied without your quote, meant to be a general comment not toward your comment. Agree, the Tony/Ed deal was fantastic!