GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex vs XL

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Standard Housing. HPFP 450LP no PM4.

Am I the only one who caught this or am I missing something? Not trying to start any drama, just trying to get clarification on this. You claim your Vortex, with upgraded HPFP and LPFP and no PM4 on a E30 mix made 504 whp. Which I don't see how because pretty much everybody else with the standard Vortex is getting mid 400s with it. Like vw671, who has pretty much the same setup except he was on a E48 mix, made 458 whp and I made 486 whp with a DBV2 V2 on a E40 mix. Now I know for a fact that the standard Vortex is not as powerful as the V2; the XL is equivalent to my V2. So you are either not telling us something or you have a unicorn turbo.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Am I the only one who caught this or am I missing something? Not trying to start any drama, just trying to get clarification on this. You claim your Vortex, with upgraded HPFP and LPFP and no PM4 on a E30 mix made 504 whp. Which I don't see how because pretty much everybody else with the standard Vortex is getting mid 400s with it. Like vw671, who has pretty much the same setup except he was on a E48 mix, made 458 whp and I made 486 whp with a DBV2 V2 on a E40 mix. Now I know for a fact that the standard Vortex is not as powerful as the V2; the XL is equivalent to my V2. So you are either not telling us something or you have a unicorn turbo.
It's the absurdly high-reading dyno from EQT. Smart business decision, but is bad as a whole since it's so inaccurately high

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
FWIW, I now make 540whp on EQT std housing with full e85 at 34psi, MPI, PM4, built block.

Whp going up and up. You been hanging out with Diggs? :ROFLMAO:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
LOL..it's on a Dynojet, on Jon's Mustang it makes 471whp same tune. Same tune that runs 10.6@130 at 3,126 DA with 3,300lbs without driver.
pretty much any dyno reads absurdly high compared to that last dyno he had... I LOST power from a stage 1 e40 tune on the dyno 2 years ago compared to the stage 2 e48 tune on that last one:rolleyes:

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition

Just the messenger here but it's almost the exact #'s EQT advertises on their website for the std housing...except in the case it's 506whp for E30 on this particular dyno run. This screen shot is for std Vortex housing. They have a separate section for XL housing

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 10.29.11 AM.png

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Just the messenger here but it's almost the exact #'s EQT advertises on their website for the std housing...except in the case it's 506whp for E30 on this particular dyno run. This screen shot is for std Vortex housing. They have a separate section for XL housing

View attachment 176836
Beat me to it.

Reactions: MSH