GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Re-set in Sydney

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Dear forum VAG-COMers.
Is there anyone in Sydney who is capable of undertaking a DSG re-set routine using VAG-COM?
I am coming up to Sydney next weekend for the Top Gear show and was originally planning to undertake this with funny but I am currently unable to raise him on this forum.
Will be staying in town at the Intercontinental and can get away from other engagements from about 1100 on Saturday.

Cheers,

Dingah

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Dingah,
I'm sorry but I'm on call at the hospital that weekend otherwise I would help you. If you don't have any luck with other Sydneysiders I'd be happy to post you the VCDS cable with a memory card containing the software so you could do it yourself in your own time. (You'll need a laptop)
Just post it back when you're done. Let me know via PM if you need it.
Regards,
Doug

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
:w00t:

Dingah

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
If I can get a replacement battery for my laptop before then I will help you out for sure.

Just bought one on ebay now locally so it will definately be here before the weekend.

I am out west of the city but the motorways take between 30 and 45min

Terrific - have sent you a pm.

Cheers,

Dingah

Blitzen

Professional .....
Doesn't the DSG reset itself if you disconnect the battery for 10minutes or so?

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Exactly what Mav sets - either battery disconnect or accelerator hard down for 10 seconds with key in accessory position both provide a short-term fix but elements of the snatching will still remain. As Mav the man says a forced reset is the only answer.

Dingah

mister_duck

In search of Sunrise
Car(s)
07 VW Golf TDi
If you still need help with the dsg reset I could pm you funny's mobile number if you want? Im sure he won't mind me doing that

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Very kind thought - best leave him in peace for now - in his absence Benough and I are planning to get together next Saturday week in Sydney.

Dingah

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Just needs two more kids, three weddings (his childrens' not his), four houses, 15 removals and two more overseas postings and he'll be catching up with some of what life has in store for us!

Dingah

Last edited:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
mmm interesting, i have done the pedal reset and your right its only a short term fix.

beenough i may be interstsed in getting u do the reset too if possible.

pm sent.

SSS_Hoon