GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Re-set in Sydney

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Well thanks to Funny the cute one now has the smoooooothest shits after a VAGCOM res-set was performed on Saturday. For those that have a DSG and VAGCOM access - do it!....the benefits are immediately apparent. For those that have a DSG and don't have VAGCOM access - get your hands on a VAGCOMMer and do it. For those that don't have a DSG - bad luck!

Sydney Feb09.2-9.jpg

Sydney Feb09.2-7.jpg

Thanks Funny (...and Ben!)

Dingah

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Factory reset- it'll be interesting to see how much better and longer it lasts than the quick and dirty 'kick down' re-set.

Dingah

Booba

Ready to race!
Just a question are you chipped? I tried reset on mine with bluefin but it was still sometimes jerky. I might have not done it right though not sure.

sikx5

Ready to race!
sorry for the thread hi-jack, but would anyone in Brisbane with a Vag-Com be able to diagnosis a few faults with my car? Just need to the run the diagnosis software i believe?

Cheers
Shane

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Just a question are you chipped? I tried reset on mine with bluefin but it was still sometimes jerky. I might have not done it right though not sure.

Yes see signature - re-flashed to be more precise. ECU re-flash and DSG controller are different components and APR does not touch DSG settings.

Dingah

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Ahh, I'm famous...

So how's the shifts holding up?

And Booba: re-flash (to stock or to "chip") will not reset the DSG learning new settings. I think the reflash only does fuel trims which is probably what the throttle pedal "reset" does.

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Funny - never in doubt mate!
A very significant improvement for so little effort which addresses the shuddering starts and occasional hesitation etc quite effectively.
It's almost worth the VAGCOM investment for this little tweak alone on a two or three monthly basis.
As I recall I discussed briefly at the time, it's a shame that the adaptive mode actually kicks in as a 'fresh' gearbox with the adaptation reset the D mode is nice and sharp making the difference between S and D feel quite logical.
Thanks again - I suspect the next appointment will not now be until 2012 when we return from the USA.

Cheers,

Dingah

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
sorry for hijacking this thread but does any1 here got the procedure of resetting the DSG? i have the vag com cable but no expert on it...
thanks...

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Send a PM to funny or benough.

Dingah

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
sorry for hijacking this thread but does any1 here got the procedure of resetting the DSG? i have the vag com cable but no expert on it...
thanks...

Here's the Ross-Tech link.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/6-Speed_Direct_Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/02E)#Basic_Setting

I'd download the page so you can have it up while you are doing it. Much easier that way as the recode blocks are not in numerical order and I can't be bothered memorising (apart from me possibly screwing up - and that ain't good...).