GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Mechatronic Replacement

xenogear

Passed Driver's Ed
i suspect my mechantronics unit will require replacing very shortly

can anyone tell me if allianz extended warrenty will full cover this?

cheers

Maverick

Go Kart Champion

cheers

The warranty covers everything does it not? Get a dealer to look at the problem, if they decide it needs to be changed they will contact Allianz for approval. Allianz will say Yes or No and you'll have your answer.

But you have an MY07 so why stuff around, if you think there is a problem there take it and get the dealer to look at it as Volkswagen will most likely cover it anyway.

xenogear

Passed Driver's Ed
i understand they do (given their conditions), but what i wanted to make sure was there's no "cap", for example, if there was a fault with the engine and the gearbox and it was going to cost 8k to fix, is there a limit that allianz will pay?

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
i understand they do (given their conditions), but what i wanted to make sure was there's no "cap", for example, if there was a fault with the engine and the gearbox and it was going to cost 8k to fix, is there a limit that allianz will pay?

Read the PDS that you would have been given when you took out your cover, it will list any exclusions or limits in there.

xenogear

Passed Driver's Ed
i have read the PDS , however my copy does not have any information about having a limit of cover - hence my question

also, yes i have a my07 but the warranty has already run out.
please do not assume i've "stuffed around" i've already had my DSG reset and my car is currently at my local dealer

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
i have read the PDS , however my copy does not have any information about having a limit of cover - hence my question

If your PDS has no mention of limits there are no limits. There is no point in someone else reading the PDS off the website as it will be different to yours.

also, yes i have a my07 but the warranty has already run out.
please do not assume i've "stuffed around" i've already had my DSG reset and my car is currently at my local dealer

Volkswagen cover repairs out of warranty for major items.

When I said stuff around you had not said your car was at the dealers being looked at for this problem and I was referring to taking the car in ASAP rather than leave it to get worse.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
sorry to but in here, but i have a quick question for the forum.

my DSG has started to exhibit a worriying change in behaviour recently.
in manual mode (only) i get some clunky 2-3 shifts.

it only seems to affect the 2nd-3rd shift. and only in manual mode.

if i leave it in sport or auto mode, it's as silky smooth.

what are everyones thoughts ?

Jason.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
mine is a little strange, as it only occurs in manual mode, and only on the 2-3 shift. and it does not happen all the time either.

i am going to investigate to see if there might be a weak / broken engine or gearbox mount,
though if that were my problem, it would be clunking all the time i guess.

Jason.

tippah

TOP FUEL DRIVER
Car(s)
UR MUM
At leat you guys have got some kays on your cars before the gearbox started playing up. My new MK6 GTI 2618 kays and it needs a complete new gearbox. Mechtronics unit replaced first and it still had no drive in any gears.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
that has to suck.

i have almost 140k kms on mine now.

Jason.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Worn 2nd and 3rd gear only?? Only a guess.

Funny

mine is a little strange, as it only occurs in manual mode, and only on the 2-3 shift. and it does not happen all the time either.

i am going to investigate to see if there might be a weak / broken engine or gearbox mount,
though if that were my problem, it would be clunking all the time i guess.

Jason.

gstar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 R32

cheers

I have Allianz new car extended warranty, im getting my Mechatronics unit replaced mid July. They have agreed to cover all parts and labour.

AAAARRRGH32

I used to be a Pirate...
Car(s)
08 Golf R32
Bugger

Hey Guys, new to the forum! It's a great spot for info (especially all Maverick's stuff!). I've been inspired to start some modding, too, as a result (RNS510 on the way, bluetooth, RVC a possible future mod) :bow:

I just purchased an '08 R32, I absolutely love it. When I test drove it, it was cold and didn't do any surging. But when I got home and reversed it into it's park spot, it did surge. I hope that the warranty still covers me, because it is still within the warranty period but I bought it from a private sale...probably shoulda checked that a bit closer before I made the purchase, eh?

I've noticed it surges only when it's warmed up. I don't get any bumps or thumps in the gearbox, but that surging is enough to make going slow in parking lots difficult. It also tends to surge when driving at speed. The tacho will vary from say 2500 - 2550 rpm in a very noticeable rhythm...when on cruise or off cruise, in manual or in Sports mode, it still does it. The engine doesn't surge when in neutral, so I am thinking it is gearbox related.

Is this the sort of problem that you had Maverick or does every DSG boxed golf surge at least to some extent???

ChrisRR32

Car(s)
07 Golf R32
Hey Guys, New around here, just thought i'd let you know what happen to my R32 DSG, i got the same thing happening as alot of guys, was jerky and hopeless in reverse. Took it in for a service, and asked them to check it out.

They said it needed the mecha replaced, but it is 3 months out of warranty. They said they would apply to VW Australia for some good will. Called me back 2 days later and booked it in, all covered under warranty.

Taking it in next week!

xenogear

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys, New around here, just thought i'd let you know what happen to my R32 DSG, i got the same thing happening as alot of guys, was jerky and hopeless in reverse. Took it in for a service, and asked them to check it out.

They said it needed the mecha replaced, but it is 3 months out of warranty. They said they would apply to VW Australia for some good will. Called me back 2 days later and booked it in, all covered under warranty.

Taking it in next week!

--

i was told the same thing. i've got extended warranty but the tech told me that if your car has had all its services through VW, and you need a new mechantronics out of warranty, VW australia will cover the cost (if not most of the cost)

the tech i spoke to said at worse vw would cover 80% and u have to pay the labour (given their conditions)

i don't know how much they will cover, but i guess its better reassurance

also thanks gstar for the info in regards to extended warranty