GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

does anyone transport their dog in their GTI ?

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
We have a rhodisian ridgeback/pit mix and her hair is that needle hair too. We put a queen blanket in the back seat, pop the seats up a little to tuck it around them and lock them back in the up pos. After the trip we use a complete roll of sticky sheets to get the majority off the cloth. You can never get it all out. I had my GTI detailed and the dealership said it took 2 hours on the interior. They had to "hand pick" them off the seats he said. "It was a bitch of a job!". it's one of those great choices in life... Do I let my dog ride in the car and never get the hair off, or never let her ride in it again. And yes there is a seperation frame/mesh for the boot area of the GTI available at VW. Good luck with the hairs!!!

i have tried searching for the frame/mesh seperation duhicky and have had no luck, do you know where i can find it or could you provide me with a link?

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' CW GTI 5 Door
Loyalsage, it's on the VW main page in the accessories section. It's probably expensive being from VW. I just read another site that may have one. I'll search it and post it shortly. Check out the one from VW. It's made for the GTI. www.vw.com/ I am looking for the other site now.

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' CW GTI 5 Door
And here is the part number for the one from VW:

1K17221 $371.57

Go to www.vw.com, select owners, select GTI and scroll down til you see it on the left of the screen about half way down. Good luck.

chiguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
well i work at a animal clinic and i do some sad house calls(if you know what i mean?) and we put the dogs in the back bust i put a large garbage bag and a big blanket in the back....and the other night i picked up a dog that was walkin in the streets(and people were honking and driving around the poor dog.i really hate them people that cant even try to help)and i put him in the back...since it was a bit of an emergency i didnt care if i had a blanket there or not.....

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I have an 8 month old male German Shepherd who loves car rides. When we take him out its usually just in the back seat with a blanket down. If it a long trip on the highway, I usually put the seats down and slide his crate back there. He's still just a pup and hasn't really learned that licking my ears while I am doing 120km/h+, although fun and entertaining, may actually cause an accident lol. Leather ftw, cleanup is a snap whether its drool or hair.

fuzion1029

Ready to race!
My lab puppy was in my GTI a couple times. I just put a towel down on the back seat. Her little puppy nails put a snag thing in the cloth armrest and a bunch of slobber on the windows. Then my wife got a SUV so her car is the designated puppy transporter. Thank god.

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
I haven't had to put our dogs in my car yet. We have Cairn Terriers...and we also just got a cat. If we take the dogs anywhere, they ride in my husbands work car (99 Galant). I'm sure they will be in my car at some point due to having to take them to the vet or something, but I will just put a sheet down over the back seats and have them ride back there. I have to take our cat to the vet on Tuesday, but she will be in her crate for that.

09BLKMKV

Car(s)
'09 BLK GTI MKV
My dog is a German Pinscher and she is about 40lbs and I just put a blanket down in the back seat. She is really smart and well trained so she stays laying down at all times in the car, and won't move unless you tell her to come. If your dog isn't well trained, I would be carefull because the door inserts are leathette and padded so if the dog was to put it's paws on the door stills it can puncture... It happend in my mothers S500.

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
my dog is very well trained, unfortunately not when it comes to the car, he gets very nervous and anxious, the only way to keep him still is to put him in his crate with something too delicious to even think of the car ride.

my only concern is:

1- the needle like hair that gets loose and stuck in the fabrics
2- the smell

i believe the answer to my problem is simple, i will have to take the hatch flap off, secure his travel crate and have him hop in through the back.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
boZ your dog is nuts.

if i transport my friends hounds, i take the top thing off the hatch and let them sit behind the back seat.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
My dog (lab) rides shotgun cause she's a spoiled brat. Only issue I have with hair is it getting in the center console. Oh, and nose prints on the windows. Leather rules.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
i have tried searching for the frame/mesh separation duhicky and have had no luck, do you know where i can find it or could you provide me with a link?
my tip would be get the VW one as its not screw tight poles, floor to roof as this will leave circle marks in the roof upholstery. not a nce trade mark when you remove it.
Thats if you actualy needs one.

This is what you want:

Attachments

• d1K17221.jpg
    d1K17221.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 380