GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

does anyone transport their dog in their GTI ?

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
haha, that lab is da bomb! look at him/her posing for the picture!!

i have decided to just secure his crate in the back, its one of the ones attached to this post, this way i dont need the divider, but you are right, if i were to invest in one, i would get the one specific for this car.

Attachments

• pPETS-3761014t400.jpg
    pPETS-3761014t400.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 427

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
do you really need that. will your dog not jump over?

to stop mine from doing so-for one weak he was tide in the boot. just his lead to the silver hoop on the inside.infront of your knea area. It ment he could not stand on his bck legs alone to put his front paws on my seats and then get over.
Now he is the best. plots up there a happy dog! I've never come back to the car to find him in the main car.that makes me a happy man!
He also jumps in so"polite"! he skips over my paint and straight in!

argue53

Go Kart Champion
my shitzu sits on my lap and falls asleep lol

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
my dog is nervous and difficult to manage in the car, the only place he can rest somewhat peacefully is in my lap which i refuse for safety reasons.

he is not trained for the car at all, which is really his only downfall, or better said my only downfall as i failed to train him properly in his younger ages.

the only way to contain him is in his travel crate, also it will help keep his needle like hairs confined to an area i can easily clean out.

DankCIA

BYOB
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
I don't take my dog in the car much anymore since he's 13 and can't handle the curves so well but he loves it.

Since he's a poodle he won't shed and i let him sit up front. It doesn't matter what though he makes sure to get at least one nose smudge on every window.

Attachments

• ben.jpg
    ben.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 372

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Anywhere he wants to sit! Anytime he wants to go!:biggrin:

what age. still looks really young?
he looks just like the one my family had when i was growing up as a kid...
:thumbsup:
staffie's and rocky's are the best dogs in the world, as long as they have a good and responceable owner .(sorry for my bad spelling)

ajt23

Banned
He was not quite 2 years old in those pics. He is almost 3 now. He is a great dog. I have a 12 year old and a 4 year old and is fantastic with both of them. Hes about 125lbs. now so my 4 year old like to try n ride him haha. He let him for a little bit but then just bucks him off.:smile:

Coley

Passed Driver's Ed
My dog Baron loves car rides!! He weighs about 115 so i put him in the hatch to lay down, because the limited space makes him relax and not move around all over the place. otherwise i have to fight off a 115 pound dog who wants to drive :p

ajt23

Banned
My dog Baron loves car rides!! He weighs about 115 so i put him in the hatch to lay down, because the limited space makes him relax and not move around all over the place. otherwise i have to fight off a 115 pound dog who wants to drive :p

Mine wont lay in the hatch I tried. He either wants in the back seat or in the passenger seat. Actually he doesnt bother me at all when im drivin. Hes to busy hangin his head out and barkin at everyone.:thumbsup:

yahookendogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08' GTI United Gray
i take my dog along for the ride occasionally, nothing bad happened so far.

yahookendogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08' GTI United Gray
Anywhere he wants to sit! Anytime he wants to go!:biggrin:

nice rottweiler. i used to have a doberman pinscher. really miss that dog. only problem i had with that dog was, it ate more than i do.

backyjen

Car(s)
Audi
hey guys,

i have a dog and was wondering if there is anyone else here who transports their dog in their gti... and if so, how? in the rear seats? in the hatch with no top on?

do you use any type of cover to keep the dog hair off your cars interior?

any hints and tips are appreciated!
Hi..I use this tricks to get DOG hair out of my car. A Rubber Kitchen Glove. To use the rubber glove method, wear the glove and dip your fingers in water to make them wet, then rub the interior car surfaces in one direction. ...
And i fold the seat and transport my dog in GTI..