GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

does anyone transport their dog in their GTI ?

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
the cover works well, but his needle-like hairs still embed themselves in the cloth and are nearly impossible to completely remove.

that is my problem, i use to let my dog into my last car, even after a vaccum i would find myself hand plucking his hair one by one off the interior. i then got a crate which i put in the back which helped a little bit, but still his hair flies around as soon as the windows open and get stuck in the fabric.

to be honest my only regret is that i bought my gti with frabric instead of leather, and the only reason why is because of the dogs needle like hair. if it vaccumed off i would not care, i would just vaccum more often, but it doesnt work so well.

so until i find a good solution to this problem, the dog is not getting in the car with me. currently my plan is to take the top cover of the hatch off, secure his crate in the back and have him hop in through the hatch door. i will get some covers for the back area so that his hair does not get stuck in the fabric of the hatch area.

def_KV

Ready to race!
i will never let my dog or cat in my car again without a towel.

..going on like 4 months. and there are still hairs.

stewpeanut

Passed Driver's Ed
that is my problem, i use to let my dog into my last car, even after a vaccum i would find myself hand plucking his hair one by one off the interior. i then got a crate which i put in the back which helped a little bit, but still his hair flies around as soon as the windows open and get stuck in the fabric.

to be honest my only regret is that i bought my gti with frabric instead of leather, and the only reason why is because of the dogs needle like hair. if it vaccumed off i would not care, i would just vaccum more often, but it doesnt work so well.

so until i find a good solution to this problem, the dog is not getting in the car with me. currently my plan is to take the top cover of the hatch off, secure his crate in the back and have him hop in through the hatch door. i will get some covers for the back area so that his hair does not get stuck in the fabric of the hatch area.

same here...the only reason i wish i would have gotten leather is because of the needle hairs in the fabric. like you said...if it vacuumed off it wouldn't even be an issue.

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
You can use a lint roller to get the hair off the seats. You might use a ton of sheets from it but it works.

bulldogger

Going for broke
My bulldog sits in the hatch area. Of course I remove the lil black hatch cover thing. I don't put the seats down, but I do use a small baby bed fitted sheet around my gorilla mat and another big and rough (old) blanket laid over and down into the hatch area to protect everything else. I like use old rough blankets cause the tend to help collect a little more hair than regular thin sheets. As for vaccuming I'd like to recommend the Bissell Pet Pack. Picked mine up for cheap at a local Wal Mart. I now use the attachments for any vaccuming in the GTI, pet hair or not. Be sure you look at the provided pics!
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-3260-Pack-Vacuum-Cleaner-Attachments/dp/B000VD5TG6/ref=sr_1_1/178-1003020-6429956?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1225407457&sr=8-1

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
man the boot is big. i just simply dont have my parcel shelf in but my back seets are up for sure.
he's not getting on my plaid.
i also have a soft rubber plasticky removable floor sheet in the boot. also covered the back of the seats with a black sticker like carpet. cut it to shape and looks better than the grey i think.
will remove easy.

this is the reason I have my "dog car" bag of shit corsa 1.0. lol. its my campo car to go in the moutains and swimming!

(last xmas day):laughabove:

Attachments

• n1177741544_30030923_1569.jpg
    n1177741544_30030923_1569.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,378

mkortering

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 GTI PK1 DSG UG
I have a golden retriever, she rides in the back, seats down in the hatch area. She has learned she needs to lay down because i wont let her in front. There's a towel there, of course, but she sheds like crazy.

She doesn't like riding in the GTI, since there's no windows to stick her head out.

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
i have black lab that rides with me all the time. she just chills in the front seat. she likes the windows down but the ac on more lol. i just let her be and vacuum it up after. if there is any left jut lint role it.

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' CW GTI 5 Door
We have a rhodisian ridgeback/pit mix and her hair is that needle hair too. We put a queen blanket in the back seat, pop the seats up a little to tuck it around them and lock them back in the up pos. After the trip we use a complete roll of sticky sheets to get the majority off the cloth. You can never get it all out. I had my GTI detailed and the dealership said it took 2 hours on the interior. They had to "hand pick" them off the seats he said. "It was a bitch of a job!". it's one of those great choices in life... Do I let my dog ride in the car and never get the hair off, or never let her ride in it again. And yes there is a seperation frame/mesh for the boot area of the GTI available at VW. Good luck with the hairs!!!

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I will never let my dog set foot in my car.

toanjo2

Drinks Wiper Fluid
Dog in car means loss of cargo space. This is critical if you road trip alot like I do. I ended up buying a Thule roof rack. The rack is nice, but your paint will get scuffed from the feet on the roof rack bars. They make mini-hitches for the GTI and you can get a cargo box that mounts to that if you are anal about your paint getting scuffed/scratched.

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' CW GTI 5 Door
Ours is too guticb. She thinks we bought the car for her. Our Beetle cabrios' back seat is uncomfortable for her on long trips and she lets us know. She loves the GTI though. Shes about german shepard size also.