GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did I get a ticket?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I was doing 78mph on the fwy and got flashed by the 5-0. It wasn't a CHP car though rather it was a Ford Fusion that had hidden lights next to the mirror. The officer(? he had no uniform) walked up and said I was almost doing 80 and to slow the hell down. That's all he said and just got back into the car and left. He didn't ask for licenses, registration or anything nor did I get a piece of paper. Nothing other than a warning? Was he just being nice or is he giving me ticket via my license plate?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You didn't get a ticket :laugh:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
My heart was literally about to leap out of my chest. He scared the crud out of me. My mind was immediately ohh crap, front tint, illegal euro tails, insurance premium sky rocketing.

Was that an undercover cop car? So for example could they have dinged me for tints etc?

I saw someone else that got flashed down by an undercover impala last time I was filling up.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
My heart was literally about to leap out of my chest. He scared the crud out of me. My mind was immediately ohh crap, front tint, illegal euro tails, insurance premium sky rocketing.

Was that an undercover cop car? So for example could they have dinged me for tints etc?

Who knows dude you din't get a ticket.. move on. I seriously doubt anyone will ding you for the tails, they look factory.

besides you can go to traffic school and it doesn't hit your insurance.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Yea true, I'll just thank god for this one.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So the Euro R tails the LED ones are illegal??? I didn't know that. Scratch those off the MOD "To Do" list. Cops here sweat people for everything. They had a field day with me in my last car. Not letting that happen again with this car.

Jeff

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Fuck the CHP

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
So the Euro R tails the LED ones are illegal??? I didn't know that. Scratch those off the MOD "To Do" list. Cops here sweat people for everything. They had a field day with me in my last car. Not letting that happen again with this car.

Jeff

Technically yes but, if you have cherry or dark cherry they look OEM. However, if the cop happens to know his VW's or his DOT stuff real good you're screwed. Iirc no one has gotten flashed for Euro Tail though. What makes them illegal is the brake light is not visible from the side of the car and secondly they do not have a reflector inside like the DOT approved ones. Again very subtle, my mind was just racing at that moment.